CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MetalDragon
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra says 'Thanks'.... but only if you live in the *big cities!!! :-/ (*accept Hobart)

Answered
So.... I get this email from Telstra today, reminding me that Telstra is thanking me for being a customer by offering me the opportunity to purchase movie tickets for $10.00.

Sweet deal I thought, as going to see a movie at the cinemas can be a wallet emptying experience.

Then.... I discover that this sweet deal just gets sour as the deal is only available at Event Cinemas and their affiliates. This means that Telstra customers in the majority of regional Australia are not able to take advantage of this offer without going to some extremes. For me it's a 4hr drive to the nearest Event Cinema, however Telstra customers that live in Tasmania have to get on a plane or boat to take advantage of this oh so generous offer.

Then I head to the Telstra Thanks website to see what other generous offers are available.

I can purchase concert tickets early.... not for anything in regional Australia though, and that includes the whole of Tasmania seeing that the Bernard Fanning concert in Hobart got cancelled.

Interesting to note that Jessica Mauboy is performing at the 'Telstra Thanks' VIP area at the NRL grand final..... yet no offer to purchase tickets early for her concert at the Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre on the 12th Jan 2014. #why?

Telstra..... how about thanking your 'regional Australia' (including Tasmanian) customers? I'm sure the gurus in your marketing department can come up with something. Or are we not relevant enough to be thanked?

Tasmanian Telstra customers... what are your thoughts on the Telstra Thanks initiative? How do you feel about being left out from 99% of the special offers available? How would you like Telstra to include in this initiative?

I'd also be keen to know if any Tasmanian Telstra customers received this $10 movie ticket reminder email, considering there are no Event cinemas in Tasmania.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MetalDragon
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra says 'Thanks'.... but only if you live in the *big cities!!! :-/ (*accept Hobart)

Have just been made aware that Village cinemas are included, four of which are in Tassie. My bad.
Questions about the rest of Regional australia still stand

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
MetalDragon
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra says 'Thanks'.... but only if you live in the *big cities!!! :-/ (*accept Hobart)

Have just been made aware that Village cinemas are included, four of which are in Tassie. My bad.
Questions about the rest of Regional australia still stand

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit