CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

egift

i wad given a $100 egift card for winning the monthly draw of the my telstra experience  community forums... 

the gift card is supposed to allow you to pick from a large number of retailers...

when i went to use mine it had already converted to 2 x $ 50 apple itunes cards...as i dont have or use any apple products this is useless to me.

i contacted giftpay (the company telstra uses) and they re issued another $100 egift card. exactly the same happened when i opened that card too.

now giftpay are saying its my fault and nothing i can do and of course telstra are hopeless at solving this...especially as it appears the my telstra experience team operate without telephones....HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: egift

If Giftpay issued the replacement, then it's bypassed any involvement of Telstra. Unfortunately for you,  it means that the only people that can fix the problem is Giftpay as it is either something in their system, or something in the redemption phase that is going wrong. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

mmmm...telstra outsource their gift card division...does this mean they are automatically resolved of any blame f9r any mistakes? telstra promised me an egift card to be used at any retailer...i think they have not delivered.

Highlighted

Actually, they didn't.  If you read the terms and conditions, they actually only have to give you a prize to the value of $100.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

So that is the standard set by telstra? if so that would explain their very very poor customer service reputation i suppose. I am not sure i am actually expecting telstra to fix their own mistake.

Highlighted

To be perfectly honest, it doesn't appear to be Telstra's mistake in any shape or form. It is a problem with Giftpay and their system. The terms and conditions of the promotion also clearly state the extent of Telstra's involvement and responsibility.

In this case it would also come down to their lack of ability to fix the problem as it isn't within their system. They could request Giftpay to issue a replacement card (which it sounds like Gitpay already has done anyway, and the problem will still exist). You need to argue it with Giftpay.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit