Highlighted
Trevoooor
Level 1: Cadet

Poor Customer Service at Point Cook

Had an issue with my dual sim Samsung phone, went to Point Cook Telstra shop for some help, the customer service person assisting me told me she didnt know anything about Android handsets, why is she employed there then ? I was handballed onto the store manager/team leader, some *REMOVED FOR LANGUAGE* with a pony tail who said the handset was faulty. Contacted Kogan, very helpful customer service, who explained to me Telstra shut down their 2G network in early December and answered my query about my issue. If Telstra staff dont know whats going on with their own network, why do they bother opening retail stores with staff that dont have a clue, lol. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Poor Customer Service at Point Cook

Hi Trevoooor, welcome to CrowdSupport.

I do apologise for the negative and frustrating experience, this is not what we are trying to deliver. That the 2G network shut down wasn't immediately determined to be the cause is disappointing, that the team struggled with a non-Telstra phone is understandable. Telstra has never supported a dual SIM handset, when I worked as a Tech Expert in a shop, it was always a case of "I'll do my best, but I may not be able to resolve the problem."

That said, the shop absolutely should have been able to do a search of a website like gsmarena.com, checked out the supported networks of your model and put 2 and 2 together. Once again, I apologise for the frustrating experience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now