- Home phones & Bundles
- Telstra Smart Home
- Sports & Entertainment
Telstra 24x7 My Account &
+ Updating your Software
Why do I need to update my software?
To help keep your computers protected from viruses and other threats after your Telstra Online Security service is upgraded to Telstra Broadband Protect, you will need to update the software to Telstra Broadband Protect on all your computers that currently have Telstra Online Security protection installed, prior to 1 September 2017 (which is when we plan to close Telstra Online Security).
Your Telstra Online Security application dashboard will confirm the actual date for your service upgrade at least 14 days prior to the date.
How will I know when to update my Software?
If you’re running Telstra Online Security on a Windows Computer, you’ll be prompted to run the Update Assistant once the update becomes available.
If you haven’t run the Update Assistant within a short period of time after the upgrade from Telstra Online Security to Telstra Broadband Protect is completed, your Telstra Online Security application dashboard will prompt you to run the Update Assistant prior to 1 September 2017.
If you’re running Telstra Online Security on a MacOS Computer, once the update becomes available, your Telstra Online Security application dashboard will prompt you to update prior to 1 September 2017.
Your notification settings in your Telstra Online Security Self Care portal must be set to ‘On’ to see this message.
How do I upgrade my Telstra Online Security Software?
To upgrade your Telstra Online Security Software you will need to follow the easy steps contained in the Upgrade Assistant. See full details here Telstra Online Security Update Assistant
Log into My Account and follow the steps to install Telstra Broadband Protect Anti-Virus Plus Security. Your Telstra Online Security software will be removed as part of this install.
How will I know my software upgrade from Telstra Online Security to Telstra Broadband Protect has been successful?
Telstra Broadband Protect Anti-Virus Plus Security will launch and will confirm that it is helping to protect your computer.
+ About this Update
Why are you closing Telstra Online Security?
We introduced Telstra Broadband Protect to better protect our broadband customers in June 2015. We need to close Telstra Online Security in September 2017 and plan to update your Telstra Online Security service to Telstra Broadband Protect before then.
We expect to commence upgrading services and cancelling Telstra Online Security from 31 March 2017.
I already have Telstra Broadband Protect, how does this affect me?
This doesn’t affect your existing Telstra Broadband Protect service. From 31 March 2017 we’ll move your Telstra Online Security software licenses over to your Telstra Broadband Protect Service and cancel Telstra Online Security.
The Telstra Online Security software licenses you’ve installed may include BigPond Security or Telstra Safe Central.
What happens to my software?
After your service has been upgraded, you’ll be prompted to update your Telstra Online Security software to Telstra Broadband Protect Anti-Virus Plus Security or Safe Browser.
How do I sign up for Telstra Broadband Protect now?
Use Telstra 24 x 7® My Account in your web browser or the Telstra 24x7 App on your Phone or Tablet. Full details here https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/security/how-to-get-and-activate-TBP
Or you can simply sign up for an eligible Telstra Bundle https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles
If I sign up for Telstra Broadband Protect before my service is migrated, what happens to my security?
You can immediately benefit from Telstra Broadband Protect Network Protection and any other protection you choose to add;
- If you sign up before the 31 March 2017, we’ll automatically move your Telstra Online Security software over to your new Telstra Broadband Protect service and cancel Telstra Online Security on or after that date.
- If you sign up between 1 April and 26 April 2017, your Telstra Online Security software will be moved to your new Telstra Broadband Protect service and Telstra Online Security cancelled within a few days of signing up
- If you sign up after 26 April 2017, your Telstra Online Security software will be immediately moved to your new Telstra Broadband Protect service and Telstra Online Security cancelled.
What if I have more than one Telstra Online Security Service?
Only the service associated with the BigPond username in the email or letter you received from us is affected at this time.
If you have a service which we haven’t contacted you about, it will continue to operate as before until we tell you otherwise.
Where can I find the terms and conditions for Telstra Broadband Protect?
+ Your Protection
How does Telstra Broadband Protect help to give me more protection after I update?
- Telstra Broadband Protect includes Network Protection which helps you and your family stay safer online on any device connected to your Telstra home broadband service.
- Network Protection helps protect every device connected to your Telstra home broadband from websites hosting known malware, malicious content, scams and viruses.
- When we complete your order, Network Protection is automatically enabled so there’s no need for software downloads or installation.
- Parental Controls now allows you to help protect everyone connected to your Telstra home broadband service from known inappropriate sites and content (including visitors using your home Wi-Fi on their own devices). You can also set internet access times to help manage when the kids can go online in the home, and use Homework Time to restrict social networking and online gaming while they study.
- Telstra Broadband Protect also includes Anti-Virus Plus Security - a newer version of the Telstra Online Security software – to help protect you on up to 6 Windows, Mac OS and now Android computers and devices.
- Please note that some Telstra Broadband Protect features are not available when connected to a Telstra Air hotspot or the Telstra Mobile Network.
Does Telstra Broadband Protect include Safe Central and Social Media Monitoring?
- Yes, Telstra Safe Central is known as “Safe Browser” in Telstra Broadband Protect.
- Social Media Monitoring is known as Social Network Protection.
- Both Services are the same in Telstra Broadband Protect.
What if I use Parental Controls?
- Parental Controls will no longer be installed on your computer as Telstra Broadband Protect includes Parental Controls to help protect every device on your home broadband Network. See here for full details.
- Parental Controls no longer applies when your computer or other devices are not connected to your Telstra home broadband service.
We recommend Telstra Mobile Protect if you want to apply Parental Controls on your mobile devices on the Telstra Mobile Network: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/moreonyourmobile/features-and-services.
When will charges for Telstra Online Security stop appearing on my bill?
If you were being billed for Telstra Online Security we’ll stop sending any charges to your account at least 30 days prior to your scheduled Migration date. For example, if your bill normally appears on 24 April and your scheduled update date is 27 April, charges for Telstra Online Security won’t appear on your April Bill.
How will I be billed for Telstra Broadband Protect after the Update?
- If you have an eligible Telstra bundle, no charges for Telstra Broadband Protect will appear on your bill whilst you stay on an eligible bundle.
- If you have an older bundle or a standard broadband service, a charge of $9.95 per month will appear for Telstra Broadband Protect.
Why has the price of my protection changed?
- You may have received a discount on your Telstra Online Security protection when we updated you from an older security service in 2009.
- You may have received a 100% discount off the price of your Telstra Online Security service for 24 months when you purchased a Telstra Platinum subscription between October 2014 and May 2015. Even though the 24 month Platinum term may have expired, you’ll retain this discount until we update your service to Telstra Broadband Protect. If you’re currently within your 24 month term, we won’t update your service or start charging you until that Platinum term expires.
- If you want to save on your security costs we include Telstra Broadband Protect with all new Telstra Bundles, at no additional cost.
What does my bill look like now?
If you’re currently being billed for Telstra Online Security it will appear under;
- Applications and Entertainment Services
- Other Charges or Credits
Some customers will see the charge described as Additional Services One Off Fee Adjustment or Telstra Online Security Monthly.
What will my bill look like after the update?
Customers who don’t have a Telstra Bundle:
Customers who have a Telstra Bundle which isn’t eligible for the discount (purchased prior to June 30, 2015):
I pay by Credit Card, what happens to my charges?
As Telstra Broadband Protect is billed to your Telstra Account, once your service has been updated, you will see the charge for Telstra Broadband Protect on your monthly Telstra bill and you won’t see any further charges for Telstra Online Security on your credit card.
Can I cancel my service now?
Yes, Telstra Online Security is a month to month, casual service. You can log into https://www.telstraonlinesecurity.com/selfcare.aspx at any time and cancel your service without an early termination charge.
If I cancel my service, how do I uninstall the software?
See here for details about how remove the Telstra Online Security, Telstra Safe Central or Free Anti-Virus software from your computer.
Who do I call to get help?
If you need further help, contact us and ask for “Security” if you call.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.