Ctel
Level 1: Cadet

Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hi,

My local supermarket has a Nokia Lumina 532 on sale. It is locked to Telstra. I am already with Telstra pre-paid and would like to stay with Telstra and keep my existing phone number. Am I able to do this if I buy the new locked phone? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Ctel

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
ProfessorPhone
Level 11: Detective

Re: Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hello Ctel

The retail stores generally are not monitoring these messages. South Yarra's  Phone number is 9829 2222

I am not a Telstra employee, but unless the situation has changed very, very  recently, any existing Telstra sim can be used in a locked Telstra phone.  I have done it myself twice,  but with Sony Ericsson phones.

To be 10000% sure you can speak with Telstra 132200 and say "Unlocking" and you will be directed to that department.

Hope this helps

Regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hi Ctel,

There is no problem doing that.

Just put your sim card in and it will work, if it is a different size you will have to go into a Telstra store to get the correct size sim.

If you would like the phone sim unlocked you can call the unlocking team on 1300 720 179

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more