Ctel
Level 1: Cadet

Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hi,

My local supermarket has a Nokia Lumina 532 on sale. It is locked to Telstra. I am already with Telstra pre-paid and would like to stay with Telstra and keep my existing phone number. Am I able to do this if I buy the new locked phone? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Ctel

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
ProfessorPhone
Level 11: Detective

Re: Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hello Ctel

The retail stores generally are not monitoring these messages. South Yarra's  Phone number is 9829 2222

I am not a Telstra employee, but unless the situation has changed very, very  recently, any existing Telstra sim can be used in a locked Telstra phone.  I have done it myself twice,  but with Sony Ericsson phones.

To be 10000% sure you can speak with Telstra 132200 and say "Unlocking" and you will be directed to that department.

Hope this helps

Regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Nokia Lumina 532 locked phone

Hi Ctel,

There is no problem doing that.

Just put your sim card in and it will work, if it is a different size you will have to go into a Telstra store to get the correct size sim.

If you would like the phone sim unlocked you can call the unlocking team on 1300 720 179