CrowdSupport®
Skins_318
Level 1: Cadet

502 handset not connecting to new smart modem gen 2

My home phone is a 502 handset (I believe) and although I can connect it to my new modem (smart modem gen 2) there is no dial tone, it doesn't ring and doesn't call out. It's like it's not paired even though it says it has registered. (It even checks for firmware updates).

Are these devices compatible?
What am I doing wrong?
Skins.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 502 handset not connecting to new smart modem gen 2

Is the phone light green on the modem? You are the second person with this same problem. The handset registered but they were unable to hear dial tone or make calls. They were able to make and receive calls using a replacement handset that plugged into the green phone socket on the modem. So it is very likely that the 502 handset is not compatible with new modem.

Skins_318

Yeah, all lights are green (on front and back)
Skins.

If all lights are green including the phone light then it looks like the 502 phon is not compatible with the GEN 2 modem. The green phone light indicates the modem VOIP SIP has registered with VOIP server so if phone was compatible it would work.

@Yastiandrie should the T Voice 502 handset be compatible with Gen 2 modems? There have been two post in past couple of days we’re handset registers successfully with modem but there is no dial tone and can,t make or receive calls.

I would assume so as its DECT 2

TBH I would need to take a look at specific examples personally to see whats going on, of which i'm technically unable to do so on this forum

Only suggestion I could make is to troubleshoot through normal channels and raise a complaint if there's no resolution

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Skins_318 Welcome to CrowdSupport!

Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties there, we're happy to troubleshoot with you via Tech Support here:  https://tel.st/858d7 24x7 to either resolve the issue or find out more about why this is happening and get you further along to a solution. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Skins_318

Hello and thank you to all who replied. The problem has resolved itself.... Somehow.
I literally did nothing and it was working this morning.
Skins.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now