chillib
Level 1: Cadet

T-Voice 503 Drops Out

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with 2 of my T-Voice 503 Handsets dropping outgoing calls after approx 40 seconds but does not drop any incoming calls.

I have defaulted both units 3 times just in-case the firmware was a touch buggy but that didn't rectify the issue. I think if the solution was to default the handset, re-pair & test again well that didn't work.

I have my old cordless phone plugged into the Telstra Smart Modem and she runs fine for both incoming & outgoing calls. This is my backup in-case the T-Voice has a hissy fit & am waiting for a fix from the Telstra Tech Support team.

One of the key selling points of Telstra's Smart Modem for me was this handset as you could pair with it & use the VOIP functionality along with the ability to store your contacts on the Modem but even this is buggy to me. After programming all my contacts into the modem from the Web GUI, the handsets refused to see any of my contacts. This should be a bug that was hashed out & fixed long before I bought my 2 handsets, as I mean, this should be the default way to program your contacts into your home router instead of doing them one by one through the handset like muppets taking into account most people these days have atleast 2 numbers (MB & Home Ph, Home & Office, etc, etc)

To finish off, below is the details for my modem & handsets, cheers.

Modem

Product Vendor

Technicolor

Product Name

Technicolor DJN2130

Software Version

Firmware Version

17.2.0261-820-RA

Hardware Version

VBNT-J

DSL Version

A2pvfbH043g.d26q

Handset

TelstraCATiqH6886

Kind Regards

Ben

Lovin Life

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: T-Voice 503 Drops Out

The T-Voice 503 was made specifically use with the Sagemcom (F@ST 5355).  So while it may work with other modems, it is definitely not guaranteed. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now