CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: T Voice 503 and SmartGen2 Modem - lost connection & DECT 'searching' for base

@Shannongob , @Davo677 

The confit file  gets pushed to the modem overnight similar to a firmware update but there is no way of deterring if the modem has received the config update as no information in the modems GUI changes.

There is also a firmware update which will be released shortly that improves the DSL performance of the modem. 

Kurgs
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: T Voice 503 and SmartGen2 Modem - lost connection & DECT 'searching' for base

Just updating response per Shannongob's Qs.

Gen 2 is on 18.1.c.0384-950-RB on the modem (which I understood to be the fix that was released earlier).

503s are on TelstraCATiqH6886

(Connection type is FTTC)

Whilst I have still had the odd glitch (eg Missed Call flag that would not clear/reset) I have not had the 'searching' issue since the FW was pushed out.

For now, I am 'fixed' so not sure I can add anything else sorry. Good Luck!

pkloops
Level 3: Gumshoe

13/11/19 version 18.1.c.0443-950-RA rolled out overnight, we need to keep an eye on it

Hope it achieves some fixes !

Cheers

Paul

Highlighted
Mappy
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for the update re technicolour version 18.1.c.0443-950-RA rolled out .

I'm no longer using the technicolour smart modem.  I've switched to an Arcadyan 1000H smart modem Telstra sent me as a replacement six weeks ago. It hasn't missed a beat since installation T503 phone have no had a single dropout over that period. So I shall be sticking with the Arcadyan modem for the time being.

Cheers Mappy

Shannongob
Level 4: Private Eye

For all intents and purposes I think firmware 18.1.c.0443-950-RA has solved two problems. One being the T Voice 503 handsets dropping off, the handsets have been rock solid so far and haven't seen "Searching" once in about two weeks. The other being my Apple Watch causing constant reboots when connected to wifi. My Watch can now connect to wifi and the rebooting no longer occurs. 

One problem it did cause but there is a very easy work around, is the automatic selection of wifi channels. The Smart Modem select channel 13 and a couple of my IoT devices didn't like that channel so I manually switched it to channel 11... easy solve! 

"Taken it off any sweet jumps?"

@Shannongob 

Do you have the Gen 2 Smart modem (DJA0231) or the Gen 1.1 Smart modem (DJA0230). There are lots of reports of the Gen 2 modem stopping transmitting on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band after receiving the update.

Mkrtich
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Thanks for your feedback and updating the forum readers. Good to read a happy ending. 

Shannongob
Level 4: Private Eye

@cf4 Smart Modem Gen 2.0 - Technicolor variant. 
The 2.4Ghz didn’t disable but did auto select channel 13 which some of my devices like air con and Netatmo Welcome didn’t like so I just selected channel 11 and BAM fixed.

"Taken it off any sweet jumps?"

@Shannongob  Thanks for replying I will pass that on to prople who havd problems with 2.4GHz after the update as temporary fix while waiting for a patch from Telstra.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now