CrowdSupport®
greghall
Level 1: Cadet

T Voice excess battery usage on Samsung S5?

I've installed T Voice, it seems to work fine, a good idea.

BUT, my Samsung S5 just popped up a message telling me that the T Voice app was using an excessive amount of my battery power, so I've stopped it for the moment.

Is it just poorly designed, or is there something I (or Telstra) can do to get it to play nicely?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: T Voice excess battery usage on Samsung S5?

Good morning,

Your T Voice issue is reliant  on your battery,

I would condition your battery  by doing 10  full discharges to self switch  off point, and then getting in the habit of fully discharging it at least once a week as I do with Samsung batteries in 3 Samsung smartphones,...though all my Samsungs up to Note 4 edge have removable batteries which I also rotate with spares once a month.

Whilst Lithiium batters are allegedly memory free, that is not always the case, and even Apple suggest fully discharging

I would expect better battery performance after that process.

You may consider doing a reliable data back up and re-setting to factory settings and a fresh re-install, in case you have any software corruption, which can surruptitionally  build up over time.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit