Highlighted
Coops1180
Level 1: Cadet

T-voice App not connecting to gateway max

Answered

Hi, 

we recently got Telstra NBN with a Gateway Max modem, and I've downloaded the t-voice app on iPhone 6s, but when trying to setup the app a  notification pops up saying that the modem needs to be upgraded to the latest software 

I emailed Telstra through the app as it suggests including device serial number. Now when I attempt to connect the app, a second message pops up saying a compatible gateway could not be found. Is anyone able to help as it seems odd that the new modem and app are not compatible. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: T-voice App not connecting to gateway max

Hi Coops1180,

I believe that the latest firmware version for the Telstra Gateway Max for NBN is: 15.53.6886-510-RF

Can you confirm the firmware version that you have? 

Have you restarted the modem and uninstalled/reinstalled the T-Voice app?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Coops1180,

I believe that the latest firmware version for the Telstra Gateway Max for NBN is: 15.53.6886-510-RF

Can you confirm the firmware version that you have? 

Have you restarted the modem and uninstalled/reinstalled the T-Voice app?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Coops1180
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I have checked the firmware is current and up to date. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it but that didn't work. Upon rebooting the modem the app seemed to connect successfully. Thank you for the assistance 😃
Wayne_K
Level 2: Rookie

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue but with my TG797n v3.

I sent an email via the app to the TVoice App team with my gateways serial number over a week ago but I haven't recived any reply and my modems still at the same firmaware 10.3.V.C

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the app and trying on another device but my modems firmware seems to be out of date and needs an update.

Any idea on how I can get this sorted as I'm keen to use the Tvoice app?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The firmware update is automatically pushed through from the network, typically overnight. You do have an old version however, so if it hasn't been updated you may need to contact Tech Support on 1800 834 273 so that they can raise a ticket to have this pushed through manually.

- Shelly

Wayne_K
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Shelly,

The modem has now been updated to the latest firmware 15.53.6886-510-RF

I'd say the tvoice team got around to my email after all.

Thanks again

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now