Highlighted
Nicc1
Level 1: Cadet

T-voice

Answered
Have set up t-voice to my smart modem with cable adapter. T-voice has registered and I can ping from gateway. However I am unable to recive or make calls. I am not getting a tone. Have contacted Telstra support who have been unable to assist and have suggested to contact my closest store. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: T-voice

Unfortunately on non NBN connection a working phone line has to be plugged into the black PST socket on the modem for a paired T-Voice handset to work. If phone socket is not near modem could use a long phone extension cord.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Are you on an NBN or non-NBN service? And which sockets have you plugged the cables in to?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

If you have a Telstra cable service connect the black PSTN port on the Smart modem to telephone wall socket.

If you have a NBN HFC service is the phone light on top of the modem green?

Nicc1

Don’t have nbn. Have cable service. Telephone wall socket is not near modem.
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately on non NBN connection a working phone line has to be plugged into the black PST socket on the modem for a paired T-Voice handset to work. If phone socket is not near modem could use a long phone extension cord.

Nicc1

Ok thanks I thought that might be the case. I believe NBN is coming in January. Thanks for the clarifying.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now