Hobbya
Level 1: Cadet

T503 landline not working

I have a f@st5355 modem and have connected (registered) my supplied t503 wireless handset to the modem but cannot get a dial tone from the phone.

When I connect my old phone direct to the wall socket the line connects ok (dials & receives) - can't do this with the t503 wireless unit of course.

Am using the supplied splitter/filter and have the outputs connected to the modem as tagged.

When I plug in my old phone to the additional phone socket on the modem it only works when the wifi is turned off.

Have checked the Telstra Gateway via home PC and in the ""Telephony" section it states that "There are no enabled lines" but that the DECT phone is "in reach".

Any ideas???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: T503 landline not working

Have you got the PSTN socket on the F@st5355 connected to phone socket via filter splitter?

|-------------------DSL Port F@st5355
Wall Phone Sockket ---------- Splitter
                                                          |-------------------PSTN Port F@st5355

Hobbya

Yes - is plugged in as per diagram 

Nina3

|-------------------DSL Port F@st5355

Nina3

yes plugged into DSL Port

I have just tested and it appears that you can't connect a DECT phone to the modem if you have an non NBN connection.

@Yastiandrie

Should the PSTN port work with a DECT phone on a non NBN connection ut on the F@st5355 gateway. A normal phone works if plugged into green port on modem but not a DECT phone and in the setup for a ADSL connection it shows the use of the PSTN port.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/other/self-install-instructions-for-adsl-conne...

Highlighted

In theory it should
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now