Highlighted
Charlie70
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to connect Telstra T-Voice app on iphone 6s plus using a new Telstra Gateway Pro router

Answered

Hi,

I am a Small Business ADSL client with an existing phone line. The mobile coverage in our area has deteriorated since 2G has been turned off and I wanted use the T-Voice app to help alleviate some of these problems.

Telstra have said I have great coverage where I am, though I beg to differ as my phone reads SOS or -130 decibels most of the time using eithe a iphone 5 or iphone 6s plus. Not much different.

Anyway I have purchased the new Telstra Gateway Pro, set it up and configured the phone for ADSL. I have rebooted the routes, reset my settings on the iphone 5 and 6 s plus and then reintalled the Telstra T-Voive app, enured the wi-fi is on and I am next to the router and still get the message:

A compatible Telstra gateway could not be found. T-Voice works with teh T-Gateway and Teltra Gateway Max on the Telstra ADSL and NBN network

The firmware version on the NETGEAR Router V7610 is:

Firmware VersionV2.2.1.16

I have read other posts and followed what I could to ry and make this work. Very frustrating. I presume my router Telstra Gateway Pro is ok as that was what was suggested to me.

Any help other than resetting devices, uninstalling, turning off modems and yes I have router set up correctly would be extremely welcome (includign if modem and firmware are up to date).

Thansk in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect Telstra T-Voice app on iphone 6s plus using a new Telstra Gateway Pro router

Hi Charlie70,

Sorry to say that The Telstra T-Voice App will only work with the Gateway Max (TG799) or T-Gateway (TG797) modems.  The Telstra Gateway Pro (NETGEAR V7610) is not compatible with this app.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Charlie70
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect Telstra T-Voice app on iphone 6s plus using a new Telstra Gateway Pro router

Hi Kenobe.

Thank you so much. I will have to arrange to send this modem back and get one of the others. Very furstrating but glad to finally get an answer as I was trying everything.

Have a GREAT DAY.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Charlie70,

Sorry to say that The Telstra T-Voice App will only work with the Gateway Max (TG799) or T-Gateway (TG797) modems.  The Telstra Gateway Pro (NETGEAR V7610) is not compatible with this app.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Charlie70
Accepted Solution

Hi Kenobe.

Thank you so much. I will have to arrange to send this modem back and get one of the others. Very furstrating but glad to finally get an answer as I was trying everything.

Have a GREAT DAY.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Glad we could assist, Charlie70 and apologies it took a little longer than expected for an answer.

Enjoy the rest of your week Smiley Happy

-Georgie

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now