CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
billrodgers
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Very poor call quality

Installed on a Nexus 5.

The one time I tried an outgoing call the call quality was unusable. Difficult to hear and was told I sounded like a robot. Less than 3m from a Gateway Max. WiFi signal very strong on 5G with no congestion on the channel at all. No downloads going on. I was on speakerphone but the app supports that so it should be no issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Very poor call quality

Hi billrodgers, 

Have you been able to test this a few times? 

Do you get a similar issue when using other call apps? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

billrodgers
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Very poor call quality

I tried it again by just leaving a message on an answering machine on one of my VoIP numbers and that sounded ok.
Skype and VoIP has worked okon this line but VoIPis now redirected to landline.

I ended up uninstalling the app. The battery drain v what benefit might be just wasn't worth it. 

I was considering the T-Voice phone but can't do it until I'm sureit will give me decent quality.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now