CrowdSupport®
Jacw01
Level 2: Rookie

Will the T voice 503 work when the smart modem is used as a bridge

HI,

We have had previous issues with the wifi on the telstra smart modem not being compatible with our samsung phones so we now have the smart modem setup as a bridge and use a netgear nighthawk for routing and wifi.

My question is will the T voice 503 work with the current setup of the telstra smart modem being in bridge mode?

Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Will the T voice 503 work when the smart modem is used as a bridge

No the T voice 503 phone will not work if smart modem is bridged? Modems DECT  base and VOIP phone don’t work if modem is in Bridge mode. What type of NBN service do you have? If you don’t have FTTN can connect the Netgear directly to NBN NTU, turn WIFI of in Telstra smart modem and connect Telstra smart modem’s WAN port to a LAN port of the Netgear. Disable SIp/Alga in Netgear and smartmodem will act as VOIP adapter.

Jacw01
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks cf4, unfortunately we have FTTN.
I believe you were the one that helped me with the smart modem Wi-Fi not connecting with our Samsung phones. Do you know if there was a fix for that issue?
Thanks
Highlighted

There is an firmware update (17.2.0406-820-RC) that has just been released that allows the VOIP phone to work over 4G backup. I don't know if it also fixes the Samsung problem. The firmware can be checked by logging into modem and going to Advanced > Gateway

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now