Jaynie
Level 2: Rookie

accessing the recording of a conversation had with a Telstra consultant??

I would like to access the recording of a conversation had with a Telstra consultant. Can this be done? I have spoken to a consultant who gave me a code to access the recording of the conversation and told me I had to go to a Telstra shop to listen to it.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: accessing the recording of a conversation had with a Telstra consultant??

Hi @Jaynie,

Calls are recorded for coaching and quality purposes only. Due to privacy, we cannot disclose recordings between a consultant and a customer.

You can request some account information and data which is detailed at https://tel.st/9v55x

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jaynie

Thanks for this info Dani39. I am wondering why the consultant/operator had given me a code to access the recording. What is this code for I wonder?
oomoodada

So whose privacy are you referring to? I've been asked if I'd like a transcript of my experience & it has been emailed to me very quickly. The privacy thing still gets me though. If I ring telstra I have to provide my security details to prove it's me. But when telstra ring me at home on my telstra account line/phone & I answer as me wtf I still have to provide the security details. They could be disgruntled anyones & there are a lot of them. It's insane for having no rhyme, reason or logic. Sheer power play, establishes rank. From the Realtors book of bluff. Not ethics
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for this feedback oomoodada. You can check for a way to verify if we are calling or not via the link here:

https://tel.st/94y57

Of course we will still ask for ID details when calling because we won't be calling and giving account details without verifying who we speak to. 

Let us know if there was anything you need help with though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now