Highlighted
alanb2
Level 2: Rookie

t voice 503 - intercom between the phones is not working - take 2

Answered
This question again as the system did not email me when it was replied to In response to Shellock - I have de registed all the phones re registed all the phones - done a hard reset on the modem via the reset button on the unit AND a reset via the gateway log on via the PC unplugged it for a day while I was at work - let the batteries on the tvocie run flat and then recharged them - still no intercom betwen the phones - any other suggestions Telstra Alan Technical Support Shellock Technical Support April In response to alanb2 Can you confirm that you have defaulted the handsets, re-registered them and used the intercom button as described in the user guide? https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/telstra-t-voice-503-ug-310117.pd... Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out. All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: t voice 503 - intercom between the phones is not working - take 2

Thanks for confirming that. The reason why certain features are not working on the T voice 503 handsets is that it is not technically compatible with that modem.

The main things like calling will work like any other DECT handset but there will be certain functions like the Intercom which need a newer modem such as the FAST5355 to fully work.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi alanb2

I have a few further questions about the current setup. 

Which model Gateway do you have?

Does each T voice handset have a different handset number at the top?

Do you have the Intercom option at the bottom right? If so, what does it do?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

alanb2

New gateway technicolor 800 and yes they are Handsets 1 and 2. When you press the intercom button bottom right and you get a fast tone like the old VMB dial tone when you have a message and it says dialing the other handset 1 from 2 or 2 from 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Thanks for confirming that. The reason why certain features are not working on the T voice 503 handsets is that it is not technically compatible with that modem.

The main things like calling will work like any other DECT handset but there will be certain functions like the Intercom which need a newer modem such as the FAST5355 to fully work.

- AlistairQWA

alanb2

Hmm well it was a waste of time money and effort buying multiple phones to specifically use the feature - this is not notated on any instructions etc - maybe this can be included in future models so others don’t go thru the same issues or better staff training in store to know the modem differences and compatibiliities with hardware. Now what am I to do
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If the shop was aware of the specific features needed and what hardware you had at home already then they should have hopefully been aware you may need a more recent modem as well or could have looked into the T voice 502 which is compatible fully with your current TG800. 

- AlistairQWA

alanb2

Well they asked for a phone number or an acc number assuming with the Telstra store log in they would know what I have. Now do I take these 2 503 handsets back for a refund and get the more comparable and compatible handsets. Also How can the TG800 be outdated old technology as it is only a few months old
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would not be able to give you a definite answer on whether they will be able to swap the handsets. The account usually shows that you have a Telstra modem but not which version. The modem is not outdated as such but just came out before the handsets. 

- AlistairQWA

alanb2

So where do I go from here Telstra - bought these as this was one of the great features of the phones - the cordless old technology landline phones I had, this feature was there - we bought the 503 handsets as a security and communication measure between floors of the house - might as well go back to 2 tins and a bit of string so we can communicate between the floors of the house. Now Telstra being Telstra I will not get the $$$ refunded on the phones or I will have to shell out an obscene amount for a replacement modem, win win for Telstra and lose lose for the customer.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would suggest starting with the place you bought the phones. If for some reason they are unable to swap the phone for a more appropriate one compatible with your modem you could talk to the tech support team who should be able to replace the modem if still under warranty with one compatible with your current phone such as the Sagemcom fast 5355. 

- AlistairQWA

alanb2

Went back to the place I purchased the phones from, they will not refund , under Australian Consumer law I and entitled to a refund/replacement - as the goods do not work as described. I was told to go to JB HI FI as they may have some old Telstra stock (T Voice 502) I can only assume the TG800 is still under warranty as it is only a few months old - bypassing all tech and sales support now going straight to complaints, that way I will have a dedicated person to see this all the way through

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now