andrew69
Level 1: Cadet

Ability to remove unwanted Free to air channels

Hi,

i asked this question when the Telstra TV 2 was released and was told that it was being looked at. It has now been over 12 months and still no ability to remove unwanted channels, I own 3 of these devices and it is damn frustrating to watch FTA. Please respond with a timeline.

Thx,

Andrew

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ability to remove unwanted Free to air channels

Thanks for your patience, Andrew69. I'm afraid there's still no posted update on this. Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve the experience, and I'm confident it will be included at some point; I do apologise for the lack of clarity on this. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

andrew69
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for at least responding. I do not understand how this is yet to be implemented as it is available in the Roku branded units. It is the most simple functionality to add.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your feedback @andrew69. I will forward this to out team to review. Please reach out if you need assistance with anything else in the future. 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
BigTechGuy
Level 3: Gumshoe

I'm with you 100%, Andrew..

The only thing that is keeping me from signing the praises of the Telstra TV 2 is the inability to hide unwanted channels. If you live in Sydney you have three sets of the same channel and it's a pain to find the local ones. 

Honestly, out of all the updates that roadmapped for the Telstra TV 2 this should be one of the key priorities. There is a large customer base that use these devices and I'm sure they all feel Telstra is more interested in catering towards the Foxtel IQ customer base (based on profitability) is of great importance than continuing to support and update the Telstra TV 2. Given the last response to this same query dates back over a year I'm sure I'm spot on with this assumption.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more