OG34
Level 1: Cadet

Customising the Telstra TV home screen

My grandparents have been trying to use the Telstra TV (4200-TL) off and on for a while now. I have shown them demos and walk-throughs on how to use the device to help them become familiar with the user interface.

However, in their private use they keep entering pay-per view movies and find it difficult to enter the applications in which they are already paying subscription fees for.

After little research, I have discovered that Roku by default allow their users to customise their home screen. However, it seems Telstra have installed their own firmware that does not allow users this option. I believe that if I could just change the home screen to prioritise apps or to only have specific application shows visible, this would boost the ease of use.

I believe this a form of unsolicited advertising for the vulnerable (correct me if I'm wrong). I am certain this issue is not unique and is in fact intentional.

Further, I am certain this issue could be fixed easily if home screen customisation is enabled by default Roku units.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Customising the Telstra TV home screen

Hi @OG34

The App icons on the Telstra TV can definitely be moved, except for Telstra Box Office which will remain in position one. 

Go to My Apps, highlight the App, press the star button then you can move it or delete it. 

If viewing on the Home page, it will put which ever App that you accessed last on the left, followed by the Telstra Box Office, and then the rest of the Apps in the order that they were last accessed.

Let us know how you go or if you have any questions. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more