Highlighted
Johno696974
Level 2: Rookie

Disable Enhanced Remote - TTV3

Hi,

I have the new Telstra TV 3, and set up the enhanced remote to turn work with my TV.

Problem is, it's annoying and i'd like to turn that off. Disable the enhanced remote features.

When I try i'm told I cannot as it's paired with my TV.

How can I disable this?

My main issue is I was watching youtube the other day, pressed the power button to turn off. It turned off my TV but NOT the Telstra TV, therefore 2 days later when I turned the TV back on, Youtube was happily streaming away. Needless to say chewing through the little data Telstra give my on my wireless plan.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Disable Enhanced Remote - TTV3

Hi @Johno696974

I'd recommend doing the following:
1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.

2. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
3. Remove the power cable from your Telstra TV, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.

4. When your Telstra TV displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.

5. Wait at least 30 seconds to see if your remote establishes a connection with your Telstra TV.

If you have any further issues, our Telstra TV Assurance team will be the best people to investigate further & you can contact them on 132200. 

Please say 'Telstra TV' then 'Faults' when prompted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now