CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Disney Plus and Telstra TV

I've seen a lot of comments about Telstra TV customers being disappointed by the fact that we are unable to access Disney Plus.  But has Telstra officially commented on whether they will doing anything to get Disney Plus on our Telstra TV??

Trent Wilson

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney Plus and Telstra TV

Hey @Trentmelb,

We’d love to welcome Disney+ on TTV, but it has not yet been made available to our platform by Disney. We do know the Disney+ app is compatible with Roku devices like the Telstra TV, so we’re working on it and hopefully we are able to update you soon.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

We hope it becomes available soon. Keep negotiating. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Well I went to the Kotara store today and bought a Telstra tv device where two sales assistants told me I can get Disney plus when we get home. And we can’t. 

Highlighted

Do we have a update on Disney plus. Notice box office is renting Disney movies.

Highlighted

It has been weeks since Disney Plus launched but it is still not available on Telstra TV. Most of us are tired of excuses and Telstra blaming Disney for not coming on board. Why are Telstra TV users being treated like second class citizens when all other platforms have the Disney app available?  I’m ready to retire my two Telstra TVs and replace them with some other streaming boxes. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Looks like it is... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-to-get-disney-plus-on-roku

Question still stands when will or be available?

Dr D in the house
Highlighted

Hi MickeyCee

can you give me an update to when I can access the Disney plus App through Telstra TV

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Suspect it won't happen until after Disney drops the demand to be data free (info courtesy of a tech journo), it's the same reason why Optus doesn't offer it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Trent, 

I am as disgruntled as yourself, I committed to a Telstra TV last week - the adds are a little misleading that they say you can get your favourite streaming services, I didn't dig deep enough and when I got it Friday I learned that Disney Plus isn't on offer - which is the whole reason I purchased it.  Spoke with the online chat who didn't seem to fussed, said I will return it not worth the $9 per month they wanna charge for it.

Least Telstra can do if they continue to advertise this device is be honest and say they cannot offer Disney Plus to their customers via it - now I am off to consider getting a new TV..  Thanks Telstra, your reliability is coming out again.....

Highlighted

Very disappointed.  Just signed up to a year of disneyvplus for my 4 ypung children only to find telstra tv doesnt support it. Looks like i need to buy anothervstreaming device and maybe get rid of telstra for good. Disappointed kids here 

Highlighted

This is a huge pain that I can’t get it on my Telstra tv. I have two of these devices and the kids cannot watch Disney!! 

Highlighted

Telstra doesn`t seem to care about all the Telstra customers children missing out on Disney, Telstra you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Highlighted

So Telstra were working on it 3 weeks ago and still nothing? I'm watching it on my laptop but it keeps lagging even with wifi NBN. I don't get the lag streaming via Telstra TV box. 

Highlighted

Totally agree 

from what I have heard it’s available on newer devices but not older older one 

Telstra it’s time you got this sorted out out to much talk and no action but this is typical of Telstra 😡

Highlighted

HI Sparxxxx,

My Roku device is about 4 months old as we upgraded it with the Bigpond movies package with wifi NBN. I've double checked, and the App isn't showing up under 'My Apps'. Would it be anywhere else?

@Sparxxxx wrote:

Totally agree 

from what I have heard it’s available on newer devices but not older older one 

Telstra it’s time you got this sorted out out to much talk and no action but this is typical of Telstra 😡

Highlighted

Just looked in the App Store, and there are 40 apps, no Disney Plus Smiley Sad 

Highlighted

It’s a joke Telstra always behind Disney Chanel available everywhere else but Telstra tv and as usual no communication from Telstra when this will be available only to say we are working on it and to find out any updates have to come on here but even then just get same answer working on it and it does work with other Roku devices just not here in Australia typical Telstra might have to get rid of it and go with someone else good on u Telstra 

Highlighted

Any further update on this???

Highlighted

Word of advice. Just go buy a Google Chromecast device and cast it from your mobile. Not only is it available now you can use the Chromecast for other things as well. 

Get on at Bing Lee for $56 or go to Officeworks and price match it.

Highlighted

Any news Telstra Mickey Cee 

Highlighted

"so we’re working on it and hopefully we are able to update you soon."

@MickeyCee It's been a month now since that you commented Telstra is working on it and will update us soon. I think it's time we get an update don't you think? 

Cheers

BDUBH

Highlighted

That’s a lie Disney have come out and said that it’s available on all Roku devices. It’s Telstra that isn’t allowing it and because  you rent all their movies out on bigpond movies for $6.99 stop ripping us off and allow us to have it.

Highlighted

I Just Checked.  ROKU already has disney plus.  So why not on the Telstra Deviced.  It seems that once ROKU has it then filtering

@MickeyCee wrote:

Hey @Trentmelb,

We’d love to welcome Disney+ on TTV, but it has not yet been made available to our platform by Disney. We do know the Disney+ app is compatible with Roku devices like the Telstra TV, so we’re working on it and hopefully we are able to update you soon.

Regards

to Telstra TV shold be simple, or are the ROKU and Telstra TV devices firmware so different that a simple app cant be added???????????

Highlighted

Roku Has it already.  Is the firmware so different that telstra TV customer wont get Disney plus at all

Highlighted

Please can we have an update on when Disney Plus will be available to Telstra TV? 🙏🏼

Highlighted

So when will we be getting this update you speak of, also why is Apple tv not available?

Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

@MickeyCee So you are ignoring us why?

~~ If you don't ask ~~
Highlighted

The update will be that currently there is no update to give.

The only RSP that has a device that currently supports Disney Plus is Foxtel.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Any update as to when disney+ will be available 

Any update on the situation? Ready to stop using TTV and just buy a open forum media player.

Highlighted

Can we get an update on this please? It is being blocked from the TelstraTV when it's on the Roku... Please unlock it for us...

Highlighted

There is no update to give. 

Highlighted

I contacted Disney RE TTV.  Apparently they are working on it to be supported. This must be very difficult as the TTV is a ROKU device.  I suggest more TTV people contact Disney to vent their frustrations that they are not supporting TTV users in Australia.

Highlighted

@MickeyCee 

Of all the times to be trapped in self-isolation with a 2 year old and blindly pay for an annual subscription to Disney+ only to find I can't watch it on our Telstra TV?!?!?
Is there any update on this, at all?
Disney+ customer chat = I am hearing crickets

Highlighted

Can not believe Disney+ live chat guy just ignored me for 10 minutes??!?!?!

Highlighted

No. There is no update.

Highlighted

Can you tell me when? I just paid for 12 months and I've been paying Telstra for about 17 years! It's time Telstra started delivering.

Highlighted

You've just paid 12 months for something that Telstra doesn't currently carry and you are now expecting them to?

If you can't watch Disney+ on the devices that you currently have, then your best option is to get a device that can stream it to a TV.

You might be waiting a very long time otherwise.

Highlighted

How's the Disney Plus going? We are in isolation here Telstra! Hurry please.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Just so you know,

I can connect to my Telstra TV via Windows 10, remotely(wirelesly), and project everything from my laptop.

When trying to project Disney + to the PC, it fails with "Something went wrong, Error Code 83" then it drops the WiFi on the laptop.....

If I start the video on the laptop, then connect to the Telstra TV to project, it works for a few seconds, then gives the same error, and then drops the WiFi on the laptop.

In each case I have to restart the WiFi.

This doesn't happen with anything else, so I'm assuming that Error 83 is mentioned here:

https://www.reviews.org/au/entertainment/disney-plus-not-working/

is telling me there's something unique in the way Disney + is doing things, and there might be a firmware issue.

Of course it COULD be the stupid way that Microsoft Windows 10 uses the "miracast" protocols Smiley Tongue

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted

Its possible to sideload 1 app to the telstra tv box in developer mode. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more