CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
ajbath
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Disney+

Well, I couldn’t wait for Telstra to add the Disney+ app so I’ve upgraded my not-so-smart tv for a new LG 4K UHD smart tv that actually does all I was using the TTV3 for and possibly more. 

Chris_w123
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra TV Disney+

This is disappointing from telstra. I have just ordered a 2nd apple tv to replace the Telstra tv which will now be shelved in the junk pile...

Lauren101
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Telstra TV Disney+

Don’t junk it. I sold mine for $100...

reece86
Level 2: Rookie

I pay for my Telstra TV3 monthly.. is there any way to get out of it?? I'm thinking of getting a regular Roku or an Apple TV 4. if Telstra are going to start blocking popular apps I would rather switch boxes Smiley Sad

Level 25: The Singularity

No. You need to finish paying it off.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
reece86

even the Amazon fire tv stick looks good

reece86

oh crap Smiley Sad they are $200+ outright, aren't they?

TheGroove
Level 6: Bloodhound

I purchased a Fire Stick today 54.00 delivered from Amazon, even has Apple app and disney app and is fully portable

Telstra TV is $216

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TheGroove
Level 6: Bloodhound
reece86

think I might take the plunge.. might go watch some reviews on youtube to see if the UI is smooth running

Highlighted
reece86

and if you have shopback you get 12% cashback.

Koosh

It is probable that Telstra, like all the major telco providers in Australia will be in negotiations for a content partnership deal with Disney. When this is settled the app will be available on the winning providers tv device. This is the world we live in. If you go with an independent streaming tv box you shouldn't have this sort of problem. 

JR312

My Take on the lack of Disney+ on Telstra TV is this.  Disney has announced that it will go it alone (without any affiliation to any other VOD service) and see the results - if these are not sufficient then it will be open to negotiation with others. This is where Telstra comes. Telstra hopes that there will not be enough independent subscribers and so will be in the running to sign up with Disney. Consequently there is no Telstra TV app for Disney, as this would go against their objective.That's just my opinion.  

Jonicclark

While you have a point, I don't think this is the case. 

Currently Telstra have the star wars films in their box office. 

If they add the Disney plus app people won't use them in their box office and they wouldn't make money off it. 

JR312

I agree 100%. Their objective is to make money and that is not achieved if they supply an app for Disney+.  Star Wars as you mentioned is a perfect example. Plus there may the opportunity to do some type of 'joint venture" later on that they can charge for. 

Fortunately many smart TV's come supplied with the ability to download these apps and if you want to bypass the Telstra TV you are able to do so.  That is the case with my Sony TV and I presume there are others.  I just find it convenient to have a separate remote for subscription and 'catch up' TV at the moment.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now