CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Disney+

Hi I was wondering how the progress with getting Disney+ into the telstra tv is progressing. Its almost the end of the year. Surely theres been some progress??. Please let me know

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Disney+

Hey @Me145We’d love to welcome Disney+ on TTV, but it has not yet been made available to our platform by Disney. We do know the Disney+ app is compatible with Roku devices like the Telstra TV, so we’re working on it and hopefully we are able to update you soon. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

The reason for anxious Telstra TV customers wanting an answer on Disney + is so the can make a choice as to what steaming device they will use going forward. The problem I found is that you cant stream Disney + from a mobile device to the Telstra Tv Box, that would be O.K until a better solution came along but you cant even do that. So Id say most customers would be looking at Amazon Fire Tv as the most cost effective alternative. Disney + launched in Australia on 19 November 2019 to have to wait this long for an answer is not acceptable.

Highlighted

Thanks for telling me about the amazon fire I was literally waiting for Disney+ to be available on the Telstra tv to buy a second box but after seeing this I looked it up and found out it’s $69 I can get 3 of them for the price of one Telstra tv!

Highlighted

Yeah Typical Telstra They have dropped the ball on this one I'm also going to buy 2 Amazon Fire TV sticks for $69 & Ditch Telstra TV, Still no definitive answer as to when or if Disney + will become available on Telstra TV.

Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

How about an update before I go and buy an Amazon Fire device(s)

~~ If you don't ask ~~
Highlighted

Did you get the Amazon fire sticks?  If so your review? 

Good picture compared to the Telstra TV?

My T TV has a better picture than the XBox One for Netflix and Stan

~~ If you don't ask ~~
Highlighted

Did you get the Amazon Fire Stick?

Your opinion about it (compared to the T TV, e.g picture and sound quality)?

Ease of use and is there any interference and/or remote issues?

~~ If you don't ask ~~
Highlighted

So I didn't end up buying the fire stick & went for the Vodafone TV instead I've been using it for a couple weeks now & love it. The best feature is that you can side load just about any Android TV app.

I have successfully set up BBC iPlayer for & for only $72 it's great value for money. 

comes with HDMI, & LAN cable.

1 USB port

DVB-T (aerial input)

1 HDMI

1 LAN port

1 remote which is much more user friendly than the Telstra TV & batteries included

Built in  WiFi & Bluetooth

Comes Pre-loaded with Disney, Stan & Netflix HD.

I cant notice any picture Quality difference as my TV is only HD 1080p  & sound is played through a Yamaha sound bar with Sub which sound great when watching Star Wars on Disney +.

Telstra should follow Voda, drop the over priced ROKU device & go down the Android TV path.

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@jon_is1 wrote:

So I didn't end up buying the fire stick & went for the Vodafone TV instead I've been using it for a couple weeks now & love it. The best feature is that you can side load just about any Android TV app.

@jon_is1 Yes, I have been using the VodafoneTV since it came out (Albeit it was more expensive then, $145).

Another advantage it has over the TTV (Apart from Disney+) is you can install Kodi and watch all media formats.

Also, Foxtel Now is also available to use on the TTV (Used to have to sideload it) then the only thing the TTV has going for it, is if anyone uses Telstra Box Office.

I agree about the Roku, Telstra is losing the media battle with the TTV. I don't think the powers that be at Telstra understands what the customer really needs these days.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more