CrowdSupport®
rvasel01
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Disney+

Disney+ has officially launched in Australia. The app is available to download on iPhone and Android. I have signed up, but when I checked the App Store on the Telstra TV there was no Disney+ app available for download. Will one be coming and when? With so much notice of when Disney+ would launch and a literal countdown clock on the Disney+ page, why no app at launch?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
115 REPLIES 115
Waldor
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra TV Disney+

Now that Disney+ is out, when can we all see the app being placed onto the Telstra Tv hub ?

Lauren101

Re: Telstra TV Disney+

The way Telstra is slow to adapt to new apps, who knows how long it will be! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Waldor

You are right, but there is hope they will come to the party, getting over watching netflix and really want disney+ for the kids and myself

Lauren101

Agree re Netflix. Once I’ve watched the new season of the Crown, I’ll be looking for something new! The Mandalorian is looking good! But I also don’t want to wait months on end like I did to get the Amazon Prime app.  Seriously considering buying an Apple TV and getting rid of the Telstra TV...

Level 25: The Singularity

You need to wait until after 9am AEDST to find out if it will be available as Disney doesn't grant access to the apps until after that time (it's a bit of a weird policy really).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TeamBoss
Level 4: Private Eye

Disney +

It's about time we get a straight answer.

Is Telstra Tv getting Disney +.

If not, maybe it's time we leave Telstra Tv for someone who has it?

Lauren101

Ahh right. Interesting. And yes, weird! Will have a look when I get home tonight. Hopefully be then there will be definitive answers. 

I_I
Level 1: Cadet

iOS app is installed and ready, really hoping Telstra TV runs an update today that includes Disney+. Checked for software update last night but it was up to date Smiley Sad

Level 10: Jnr Detective StrayaM8
Level 10: Jnr Detective

Re: Disney +

No official word yet, wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if access on the telstra tv was coming fairly soon though, given the popularity of it.

kebeba
Level 2: Rookie

Its after 9am here in South Australia and no Disney+ app is showing on my Telstra TV - even after a software update. I'm so disappointed Smiley Sad I cant even chrome cast or screen mirror it from my laptop because all my devices are either incompatible or not supported.

Chevrat
Level 3: Gumshoe

Disney+

Hi just wondering if you are adding the Disney plus app to Telstra tv roku  I’ve gone to sign up and I can’t get it on Roku😒 please add it ASAP cheers

DruidS

Re: Disney+

Nope, they are not getting it and apparently don’t have the balls to actually say it anywhere, it was in the Disney live chat that was telling people, heaps of people have been trying all morning to get an answer from Telstra Tv. So disappointed 😞 

Grgma

I want Disney for me, kids have grown up and long gone!

Grgma

I'm just going to check my Telstra tv as it's now 10.15 am normal time!

Robster54

Telstra Call Centre started by saying it was available but not able to be viewed by users, being addressed at the moment. Following some insistence, supervisor just told me they have no idea when app will be released. Allegedly an email was sent, but I havnt rcvd one. Totally annoyed. Another example of good client service. 

Waldor

I’ve checked my Telstra tv and nothing, from what the wife has told me from see Facebook posts, Telstra doesn’t seem to have plans on getting it as it would push people away from the box office movie selection on Disney things.

i think it’s abit bs and Telstra should get there act together and put Disney plus on, they have Stan/net flicks 

Grgma

Still no Disney app available on Telstra TV :-(

Grgma

Absolutely agree with you you have to pay rental fees on every box office movie you rent and some only give you the option to buy the film. If Telstra put the Disney channel on then you wouldn't need Foxtel as you could get just about everything on Telstra for much less than we currently pay for Foxtel.

Lauren101

Agree.  Complete BS, as it's already going to push people away!  I'll be getting an Apple TV and getting rid of the Telstra TV by the looks of it.  I've never used the Box Office on the Telstra TV, and have no plans to.

YwatcherY

Apparently Telstra won’t allow our Roku devices to support Disney +, which is mind boggling to say the least. I’ll be using my PlayStation 4 to use the Disney app. Extremely disappointing move by Telstra. I sincerely hope they change that decision ASAP.

Craig59

Especially disappointing when one considers that the standard (not Telstra bastardised) ROKU has this app ready to go.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Waldor and All,

Disney+ is not yet available on Telstra TV, but we are always looking to offer our customers the best choice of services and entertainment options.

Thank you.

Emma.

Waldor

Hi emma,

thanks for replying to us all, but that wasnt what we are all after, Why isnt there a date or information to say if telstra tv is getting it or not?

Thanks Again

Grgma

That's all very well Emma but Telstra isn't offering its customers "the best choice of services and entertainment options" if it doesn't add Disney+ to the available apps.  Telstra already allows Stan, Amazon, Netflix and heaps of others, so why not Disney+?

Lauren101

If Telstra really was offering it's customers the best choice, then they would be giving them what they want.  Which is the Disney+ app.  Clearly that is not the case, so a lot of people will be jumping ship.  Telstra have had AMPLE time to develop the app, so to not have done so, is simple just unacceptable.

skwil

Hi Emma,

I totally agree with Grgma that you are not providing your customers with the "best choice of services and entertainment options" if you are not allowing us access to Disney Plus. 

Regards

Cam356

Very poor, I’ll give Telstra a week to get the app, if it’s not on Telstra TV I’ll be cancelling the service

MooseTheGoose

Disney + on Telstra Tv

SURELY Telstra TV will be supporting the Disney + app.

Very serious disappointment if they don’t. 
Any info on this would be much appreciated. 

justamaniac5150

Thanks for the reply Emma, 

It is a little ambiguous in relation to if it will happen as Disney+ is available on Roku boxes internationally.

What is the expected turn around on the app being included in the Telstra TV suite of apps.

Thnx

Justin

Tiredoldtelstra

Just come straight to the point and answer the question, yes or no, then we can all ditch our useless Telstra tv boxes and move to a more customer focussed organisation.

Deltic
Level 1: Cadet

I have a Amazon Fire TV stick, and was able to download the Disney+ App from Amazon to the stick and was up and running by 8.45 this morning. Plus with Amazon you get Amazon TV with the Fire stick. Telstar will be slow with the Disney+ App. As the own 45% of of Foxtel. Disney+ as a lot of great moves & TV series.

TheGroove
Level 6: Bloodhound

How could they miss such a large App, someone at Telstra have dropped the ball. Not as if there was not much notice given of Disnay Plus coming

TheGroove

i recommend everyone go out and buy Apple TV , never a deadline missed, never fails, great item. I have 2 Telstra TV;s not a pittance compared to Apple TV 

TheGroove

Plenty of threads on this topic, suggest everyont go buy an Apple TV flawless in the way it works and Apps never miss a deadline.

Lauren101

Telstra are definitely doing a lot of unintentional advertising for Apple TV at the moment!  I'll be getting one myself if my Samsung TV doesn't have the Disney+ app (it's quite an old TV!)

Level 10: Jnr Detective StrayaM8
Level 10: Jnr Detective

Re: Disney + on Telstra Tv

No information has been made publicly available (to the absolute best of my knowledge) as to if Telstra TV will support Disney+ and if so, when.

I would imagine due to demand, it will be supported in the upcoming weeks, however this is only speculation.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Disney + on Telstra Tv

@MooseTheGoose News today that 1,000's of Disney Account have been hacked. 

Thousands of Disney customers say they have been hacked after signing up to its online streaming ser...

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
darrenbason

Why is Telstra not up loading the app ? Been with Telstra for 8 years but not much longer Smiley Sad 

justamaniac5150

Don't forget if you have a PS4 or Xbox you can access via that.

Smiley Happy

Lauren101

I only have a PS3.  Smiley Sad  

On TVs, it's only newer Samsung and LG models that have Disney+. My new Samsung does, my old ones don't.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Lauren101

Yeah, and that’s what I’m thinking. Mine is a fair age now, so I won’t be surprised if the app isn’t available. Just another excuse to get an Apple TV! 😃

TheGroove

I had no idea how good apple tv was until I got it and used it, very powerful

Lauren101

It’s pretty reasonably priced too, I always thought it was out of my price range which is why i never bothered before. Plus, looks as if there is a promotion going to get 12 months free subscription for their streaming service, so that’s not bad. 

BellaRay

I just rang! They said there is no timeframe set for the app because they have to go through legal and licensing. You’d think they would have done it in the year leading up! Ugh so frustrating. 

TheGroove

Not as if it was  not well advertised, other mobs made deadline. Whoever you spoke to at telstra about was p*&^() in your pocket. They are always months if not a year behind in all their apps

Krammigss

Yep good idea. 

PATHETIC Telstra  !!

ajbath
Level 4: Private Eye

I would hope that Telstra will respond promptly to the many customer requests to make this app available on the Telstra TV, particularly given that it is available on the Roku App Store internationally. My fear is they will be as slow implementing this as they were with the Plex app meaning there will be a lot of current customers dumping their TTV and moving to another option that does provide the service.

Rob696

Disney Plus

When will Disney Plus app be available on Telstra Tv? Everyone else has and a countdown for a year but you have missed it? Do I need to go and buy another streaming device?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more