CrowdSupport®
johnjl
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel now

I activated Telstra TV today. How do I redeem 3 months free trial of Foxtel now offered when i purchased telstra tv

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
33 REPLIES 33
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Foxtel now

You should be able to via the offers tab on your Telstra TV+ app (on your phone).
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
PeterSyd

I also am having problems redeeming my 3 month Foxtel Now free trial.  After many hours on the phone with various Telstra and Foxtel departments, I was directed to www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/foxtelnow where lo and behold were instruction on how to redeem the 3 month free trial.  It says to get Foxtel Now on your TV (using Telstra TV obviously) and hit the "Redeem Offer" button - BUT THERE IS NO REDEEM BUTTON ! Just Foxtel "Login" and an invite to sign up via www.foxtelnow.com.au - which only processes Foxtel's standard 2 week free trial. 

Another Telstra operator said the offer could only be redeemed via the Telstra TV App on my smart phone (as an aside - how would any consumer know that?).  However, the Telstra TV App which has a "Your Offers" tab only offers me $3 BigPond Thursday movies - nothing about Foxtel Now.

Can anybody help?

johnjl

This is exactly the same situation as mine. Have been on the phone for over three hours with about every employee of telstra and they still can't help me.  I get the same redeem your offer at foxtel.com.au no offer shows on my telstra tv app or my telstra 24/7 account.

johnjl

I have done that. the problem is the foxtel now free trial is not in my offers.

roopieau
Level 3: Gumshoe

Ditto same problem. Might have to phone telstra...

johnjl

I have already called telstra four or five times. Guess what no asucess , except repeating the on line instructions I have already followed a dozen times.

LachJohn1
Level 5: Eagle Eye

If you're experiencing an error when trying to redeem the Foxtel Now free trial offer (provided the offer hasn't already been taken up previously), can you please provide the following information and we'll investigate further:

• Are you using a Telstra TV 1 or Telstra TV 2 device?
  • The Telstra TV device ID, serial number & software version - Go to Settings > System > About.
  • If you are trying to redeem via a Smartphone, the OS or firmware version of your mobile.
  • The Foxtel app version & build number - highlight the app from the home menu and press the * button on the remote.
  • Your TV manufacturer and TV model number.
  • Date & approx time this error happened.
johnjl

Telstra TV2

DeviceID 4700TL

Apple I phone 7

Foxtel Now Version 1.3 build 1

Samsung Model PS63c7000YF

numerous times over past 4 days.

PeterSyd

I set out my answers to the questions:

I assume I have a Telstra TV 2 as I have only just got it (it has replaced the smaller, fatter Telstra TV that I used to have).

• Device ID: AK27A9201747
  • Serial No: YL009P201747
  • Software Version: 8.0.6   
  • Build No: 37-43

Foxtel App: Version 1.3 Build No 1

TV: LG LM6700

PeterSyd

Further to this issue, I contacted Telstra again (brave of me, I know) using Live Chat. After much deliberation the operator said I was to email my problem to: 'FNFT.L2@foxtel.com.au'. This was a new suggestion, so I got quite excited.

However, Foxtel has just responded with: 

"Unfortunately this issue appears to be with Telstra’s HUB website, not our Foxtel Now systems. As this is the case, it is not something that Foxtel Online Services can assist with or resolve. 

We would suggest speaking with Telstra in regards to having the offers linked to your Telstra HUB login details. They may need to escalate this to their internal IT department to have this resolved."

So, no further along.  I do agree that this is a Telstra problem, as Telstra have advertised the 3 month Foxtel Now as part of their offering.

I am running out of ideas and people to call...

Support Team
Support Team

Hi PeterSyd, this is a known issue and we are working on a solution, I apologise in the meantime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PeterSyd

Just an update for those who are interested...

I decided to spit the dummy and report the issue to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) on Nov 17.  Two days later I received a call from Jason at Telstra apologising for the problem and assuring me he will stay with it until resolved.

In the interim, I have received several calls from Jason, again apologising for the delay, and providing me with updates of progress.

In my opinion, it was "ready, fire, aim" by Telstra in offering the 3 month trial of Foxtel Now.  Clearly, the respective systems had not been set up properly to accommodate this [unless other readers can describe a successful redeem].

As I write, the issue has not yet been resolved, but I am now more relaxed as I have one point of contact within Telstra wrestling with the problem.  It is a pity that I had to contact the TIO to get the proper attention from Telstra.

Support Team
Support Team

Do you have a reference number handy @PeterSyd

We'd usually provide one of the reference numbers mentioned on the following link: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/What-Reference-Numbers-can-I-obtain-from-Telst...

You can find more information about the TIO complaint handling process on the following link: https://www.tio.com.au/members/complaint-process 

If for some reason you do not receive contact from your case manager, please let us know the complaint reference & we'll follow up with them on your behalf to request contact

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Johnjl,

For me to escalate this to our Telstra TV Support Team, can you please send me a private message with the following:

• Telstra Account Number
• Screenshot of what you are seeing (if possible)
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi PeterSyd,

For me to escalate this to our Telstra TV Support Team, can you please send me a private message with the following:

• Telstra Account Number
• Screenshot of what you are seeing (if possible)

PeterSyd

Thank you Telstra team members for the offers of help, but as my Telstra case manager (Jason) is actively trying to solve this issue, I am reluctant to get other Telstra representatives involved at this point [unless he fails or stops calling me].

As I write this (29 Nov 10:50am), he is still working on it and is still in contact with me.  I'll give him another few days.

PeterSyd

Update:  I heard from my Telstra case manager today:

• Telstra and Foxtel have been unable to fix the problem and will not be able to do so in the near future
  • The problem is generic and not specific to me - it affects all such Foxtel Now offers with the new Telstra TV
  • For my trouble, I will be getting some consideration towards my next Telstra bill

I therefore think this case is now closed - I don't think there is anything else Telstra can do.

Happy Christmas to all readers - even if it is without Foxtel Now!

Toni761
Level 1: Cadet

Im also having a lot of difficulty in redeeming the Foxtel now 3 mth subscription having been bumped from telstra department to another telstra department. Then finally being referred to foxtel who pass the blame back to Telstra apparently there is a fault with the hub that supports the offers mine is not appearing in either the 24/7 app or Telstra TV or my mobile and noone seems to want to take ownership or responsibility for the fault!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey guys,

Really sorry for all the frustrations with the signing onto Foxtel Now.

There is an escalation process as of 22/11/17, if you contact Live Chat here: http://tel.st/49kl

Then request for the Foxtel Now Subscription escalation be processed for your account.

They will need details of the error occurring and your contact details etc.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

RandSydney

Absolutely brilliantly executed Telstra - not! I click on the chat link ad for both NBN or Entertainment Bundle>Foxtel I am told I must speak to someone on the phone.  PLEASE can one of you work out how to get this resolved -- the ACCC should be chasing you for false and misleading conduct as this is totally unacceptable that us "customers" are offered something and we are unable to redeem it.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey RandSydney,

Sorry that your having issues with the bundles link, give this one a go: http://tel.st/83vp

Let me know how you go.

-Tegan

RandSydney

Ummm, Tegan, that is a link to the various Telstra Entertainment Plans? I signed up a few weeks ago under the new NBN entertainment package that allegedly offered 3 months free trial with Foxtel Plus --- YET there is NO redeem facility. THIS is what we are all querying. Please get sorted, put in place what you offer with a one click solution or expect a call from the ACCC and ACMA as you are falsely luring the public to sign up for a Telstra NBN account.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tony, 

Your'e referring to Foxtel Now. This will give details on how to add it:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/foxtel-from-telstra/how-to-manage-your-Fox...

RandSydney

Confirming this is about Foxtel Now, not Foxtel Plus...according to the link I was sent there should be a banner I click on to activate the redemption but this does not appear on my telstra page.

Brad2256

Same issue, signed up with offer of 3 months trial of Foxtel Now, but there is no way of redeeming it. Spent hours on phone and on chat to have this resolved and feel like I have spoken to every staff member. Should have just stayed with Optus and Fetch Tv for $80/mth as telstra's box with out foxtel is just an app to catch up on Tv. I too will be lodging a complaint today as they are selling a service they have no idea how to supply ( and have threatened me with a $600 disconnection fee if I cancel the service). Final note to Telstra is that if you offer a package, know what you are providing and have it readily available without jerking us around

RandSydney

Well said, Brad2256. I want to flag this issue for ANDY PENN - Telstra staff, please put this on his radar asap. I am sure he will want to be kept in the loop. 

Brad2256

Just lodged my complaint with the TIO telecommunications industry ombudsman, so hopefully I can either get the service or I will go back to Optus, even with their staff being off shored, in 5 years I have never had the issues I have experienced with Telstra in the last few days

Brad2256

Just for the folks at Telstra...below is an extracr from the ACCC website

Cancelling a service
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have certain rights to cancel a service.

When you can cancel a service

If you have a major problem with a service or a minor problem that can't be fixed within a reasonable time you have the right to cancel a service contract, when it is:

provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill
unfit for the purpose you asked for not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
Suppliers should give any refunds in the same form as your original payment.

You can also ask for compensation for damages or loss caused by the problem.

Services you can’t cancel

You must pay for services you’ve received under a service contract that worked as expected.

You can’t cancel a service contract or get a refund if the problem was outside the control of the provider or if you:

changed your mind insisted on having a service provided in a particular way, against the provider’s advice
failed to clearly explain your needs to the provider.
Cancelling your service

If you have a problem with a service, take the following steps:

Contact the service provider verbally or in writing to explain the problem. If the provider cannot fix the service in a reasonable time, state that you want to cancel the service contract.
If relevant, also ask the service provider to compensate you for any damages or losses caused by the problem.
If you’ve paid for the service and it has already started or been delivered, negotiate a refund to cover the services that failed and any advance payments.
Show proof of purchase with a receipt or bank statement.
Cancelling bundled products & services

Businesses often sell related goods and services together as a package. Sometimes a problem develops with one part of the package — the product or service.

If you return goods due to a major problem, you have the right to cancel any service contracts they were provided with.
If you cancel a contract for unsatisfactory services, you must return any goods connected with the service—even if there is no problem with the goods.
If you have paid any money for the goods, the business must give you a refund.
It is your responsibility to return the goods, unless this would involve a significant cost. In such cases the business is responsible for collecting the goods.

Brad2256

Hey Rand, i have just chatted online and although they did not know how to do the offer they have given me a credit to the value of 3 months subscription on my account. This means that i just sign up and have seperate payment to foxtel, seems like best solution after wasting hours to have sorted
Waikikamukau
Level 4: Private Eye

Well same old same old. No option to redeem Foxtel now offer. Keeps coming up with an error in the Telstra hub section when you view my offers in the Telstra tv app. 

Pretty useless having an offer that isn’t available. 

Cheap, Fast, Reliable . . . you may only pick two
LachJohn1

Hello all. A fix for this issue was deployed through the week. Below are instructions on how to redeem the offer, based on the type of device being used to redeem it.

Please note: if you wish to redeem this offer via your Telstra TV device, please ensure your bundle order has been completed before attempting to redeem:

1. On desktop, laptop or tablet: Visit hub.telstra.com.au to redeem your offer.
  • Login with your Telstra ID if you are redeeming a Bundle offer or login using the mobile network if you are redeeming a Mobile offer (make sure WiFi is turned off - mobile instructions below).
  • Click on the Foxtel Now banner and either create a Foxtel Now account or login to an existing account.
  • Follow the prompts to redeem the offer.

Please note: if logging in using an existing account is not working, create a new account using an email address not previously used with Foxtel.

1. On-device (Telstra TV):

If you do not have a Foxtel Now account: open the Foxtel Now app on Telstra TV. A ‘redeem’ button will present on screen. Click this and follow the prompts to setup a Foxtel Now account and choose the desired starter pack.

If you  do have an existing Foxtel Now account:

• If you have logged in to Foxtel Now on your Telstra TV – Every few days, you will see a reminder with a URL. You will be able to login to this webpage on your mobile, laptop or tablet and redeem the Foxtel Now offer.
  • If you have never logged in to Foxtel Now on Telstra TV –  Select ‘login’ and a redeem page will appear with a URL. You will be able to login to this webpage on your mobile, laptop or tablet and redeem the Foxtel Now offer.

1. Telstra TV app (Mobile):
  • Download the Telstra TV app from the App Store or Play Store
  • Open the Telstra TV app and go to the My Offers tab (Make sure WiFi is turned off)
  • Click on the Foxtel Now banner and follow the prompts
  • Once you have redeemed the mobile offer, download the Foxtel Now app and login to start watching.
LachJohn1

Hi all. Please use the following instructions on how to redeem the Foxtel Now 3 month offer based on which device you are using to redeem the offer.

Please note, if you are trying to redeem this offer via your Telstra TV device, ensure your bundle order has completed processing before trying to redeem.

1. On desktop, laptop or tablet: Visit hub.telstra.com.au to redeem your offer.
    • Login with your Telstra ID if you are redeeming a Bundle offer or login using the mobile network if you are redeeming a Mobile offer (make sure Wi-Fi is turned off - mobile instructions below).
    • Click on the Foxtel Now banner and either create a Foxtel Now account or login to an existing account.
    • Follow the prompts to redeem the offer.

Please note: if logging in using an existing account is not working, create a new account using an email address not previously used with Foxtel. 

1. On-device (Telstra TV):

If you do not have a Foxtel Now account: open the Foxtel Now app on Telstra TV. A ‘redeem’ button will present on screen. Click this and follow the prompts to setup a Foxtel Now account and choose the desired starter pack.

If you do have an existing Foxtel Now account:

• If you have logged in to Foxtel Now on your Telstra TV– Every few days, you will see a reminder with a URL. You will be able to login to this webpage on your mobile, laptop or tablet and redeem the Foxtel Now offer.
  • If you have never logged in to Foxtel Now on Telstra TV– Select ‘login’ and a redeem page will appear with a URL. You will be able to login to this webpage on your mobile, laptop or tablet and redeem the Foxtel Now offer. 

1. Telstra TV app (Mobile):
  • Download the Telstra TV app from the App Store or Play Store
  • Open the Telstra TV app and go to the My Offers tab (Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off)
  • Click on the Foxtel Now banner and follow the prompts
  • Once you have redeemed the mobile offer, download the Foxtel Now app and login to start watching.
Felicity6

I signed up with Telstra through the week, service became active yesterday.  Today I tried to access the free 3 month Foxtel Now subscription but had no option to Redeem.  Was disheartened after reading comments here about people having no success.  I called Telstra who could not see the offer available with my current Telstra log in.  Telstra asked for another email account that was not a bigpond account.  They sent a validation code to my email which I then gave the operator over the phone.  Created a new Telstra ID with the other email and my offer was then available to redeem.  Took about 25 minutes in total.  I now have activated Foxtel Now.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now