CrowdSupport®
spacejump
Level 2: Rookie

Having issues with my bundle Telstra TV

Answered

The unit intermittently freezes whilst watching it, I have had it for a while and has worked flawlessly. I have tried a different power source, resetting and daft enough another hdmi cable just to rule out. It's running on network cable and have even tested the port and cable out. The wifi signal is not quite strong enough hence the reason I use the network cable. Any ideas? Before I go mad?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spacejump
Accepted Solution

Re: Having issues with my bundle Telstra TV

Thanks MattyC,

Been to my local Telstra Shop and all is sorted, we have renewed our plan and are up and running, all is good.

Many thanks.

Paul

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 25: The Singularity

What are you trying to watch when it freezes, and what are your internet speeds like?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
spacejump

Trying to watch Netflix and my internet speed is 47.5 Mbps, this speed is from the latest speed test given by Telstra Speedtest. When it freezes I have to disconnect the power from the unit, count to 10 and plug it back in again? A couple of times it hasn't powered up at all. Smiley Sad

Sounds like a faulty unit. You'll need to give 132200 a call and ask for Telstra TV faults at the prompt. They should be able to organise a replacement unit assuming it is still under warranty.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
spacejump

I don't think its under warranty...it has been a couple of years since I first got it... Smiley Sad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you notice the freezing across multiple apps, then it could be a faulty unit as Jupiter advised. If you notice this only with a specific app, then I would try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if this helps.

Before you give up on it completely, it might be worth trying to restore it back to factory defaults to see if this improves its behaviour. It does mean that you will have to enter in the password for all the apps again. 

The new model of the Telstra TV supports 4K and Free To Air, so upgrading may be another option for you. While I of course recommend purchasing one directly from Telstra, if you are willing to take a gamble, these do appear regularly on sites such as ebay and gumtree. 

Let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
spacejump

@Shellock wrote:

If you notice the freezing across multiple apps, then it could be a faulty unit as Jupiter advised. If you notice this only with a specific app, then I would try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if this helps.

Before you give up on it completely, it might be worth trying to restore it back to factory defaults to see if this improves its behaviour. It does mean that you will have to enter in the password for all the apps again. 

The new model of the Telstra TV supports 4K and Free To Air, so upgrading may be another option for you. While I of course recommend purchasing one directly from Telstra, if you are willing to take a gamble, these do appear regularly on sites such as ebay and gumtree. 

Let us know how you go.

Thanks Shellock, I have indeed done what you mentioned but the issue still persists and it is indeed on all of the Apps, well the ones I have loaded, and left it on to test, I only use this box for Netflix. This unit was supplied as part of my phone bundle and has worked up to now without issues and the purchase price of a new one is well beyond my reach, being a loyal customer of Telstra for many, many years surely accounts for something in the way of a replacement. Smiley Sad

Many thanks in advance.

Paul 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update. If the Telstra TV is not within warranty, our Tech Support team are not going to be able to organise a replacement for you.

The only other option to organise a free Telstra TV would be if you signed up for a new Unlimited data contract which includes the Telstra TV 2.0 and a Google Home Mini. You can check out the current plans online here: https://tel.st/c7mvy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

spacejump

Thanks Shellock,
This sounds like the plan!
Many thanks.
Paul
spacejump

Hi Shellock, Contacted the contact centre today to request your recommended Plan change from the link you sent me and was told the offer expired on the 24 December 2018. This is still live on the website without any expiry date? I was then told by the operator to do a self order on line or go into a Telstra shop. The order on line doesn't show the added Foxtel Now and Google Mini when you start to create an order but does show the Telstra TV only? The operator advises us this would be added on later. I don't feel comfortable signing up for a 2 year contract without these two items showing up on the order. Its not convenient to go to my local Dapto Telstra shop because the times we have visited we are told the same story to go home and phone the contact centre or to get this information on line. 

Have been a loyal Telstra customer for 30 years and have always paid my accounts on time, this is not acceptable when the contact centre can not help me or my local Dapto Telstra shop.

My call reference number was INT 1-1853872217177 at approx 12.20pm on 29th December 2018.

Support Team
Support Team

Apologies, Spacejump, for the confusion. It appears we're out of stock on the Google Home Minis. 

The other two, the Telstra TV device, and the Foxtel now x 24 months are both listed on that page - https://tel.st/2vjwz - as part of the $99/month plan. 
Please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

spacejump
Accepted Solution

Thanks MattyC,

Been to my local Telstra Shop and all is sorted, we have renewed our plan and are up and running, all is good.

Many thanks.

Paul

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now