CrowdSupport®
sean71
Level 1: Cadet

How can I connect to Telstra TV with hearing aids streamer?

I have Hearing Aids, a Steamer and a TV Connector that I used to be able to independently set the sound level from my Entertainment system so that my spouse's enjoyment was not affected. I can no longer do this with Telstra TV nor with new Foxtel IQ4 box. My Entertainment System contractor tells me that this is due to no separate output from either of these devices that he can hook into to route it to my amp. Do you have an alternative or technical solution that will allow me to get back to have independent sound control without affecting my spouse?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How can I connect to Telstra TV with hearing aids streamer?

What model Entertainment System do you have?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Re: How can I connect to Telstra TV with hearing aids streamer?

Normally, the Hearing Aid device will connect to the Optical Audio port of the TV (or the Audio Out ports of the TV).

With an AV receiver, you normally connect the Telstra TV anf the iQ4 box to the AV receiver using the HDMI cable, and then connect the AV Receiver to the TV via HDMI. The hearing aid device would then be connected to the Optical Audio port or Audio out port of the TV (the AV receiver outputs sound to the Speakers, whereas the TV also receives a sound signal from the HDMI cable and would use this for the Hearing Aid device)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now