StevenX
Level 2: Rookie

Miracast to Telstra TV now won't connect?

• Lately have tried to miracast from laptop as have done previously, roku recognises my laptop and vice versa but when I try to connect it starts loading bar on TV but then drops out. Has happened before but have found advanced share options had been reset to public by windows update, change back to private sharing used to fix it but not now.
  • Laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 370. Win 10 home. TV is a Sanyo but I don't believe this is causing the issue.
I am somewhere, everyone has got to be somewhere.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Miracast to Telstra TV now won't connect?

This might seem a bit basic, but one of the first things that I would do is turn everything off at the power (or in the case of the laptop, completely shut down) for a few minutes before restarting. This includes the modem, Telstra TV and your laptop. 

Can you also advise the model of your modem and confirm that all of your devices are able to access the internet and have the latest firmware/software updates?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

StevenX

Product Name Technicolor TG799vac
Software Version 17.2
Firmware Version 17.2.0261-820-RA
Have tried all your suggestions already. Tried updates on all devices, Can still cast youtube app videos to Telstra TV/Roku 2 and use Roku media player to access laptop document files, just no miracast.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We tested this with an Android phone and we were able to use Miracast to mirror on the Telstra TV without an issue. We successfully mirrored a page from the DOC app and a PDF. 

Are you able to try sharing this from another device or laptop. This should confirm if the app on the laptop needs a closer look. 

It may be an issue with the document that you are trying to mirror. Is it all documents or possibly ones with protections set on it?  

The Microsoft forum provides this information to make sure that your Miracast drivers are up to date.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

StevenX

My Samsung S5 screen mirrors or miracasts perfectly, (something I didn't know it could do, learn every day) miracast is not like chromecast, it mirrors the laptop screen exactly, even without apps open it shows the desktop.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As it appears to work from everything apart from the app on the laptop I would suggest talking to the producer of your installed Miracast app and seeing if they can investigate further. 

- AlistairQWA

StevenX

It's part of Win 10, not a separate app, Microsoft keep saying it's a bluetooth problem, I'm not stupid, it has nothing to do with bloody bluetooth. I'm going in circles.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more