Highlighted
Azzasomething
Level 1: Cadet

Movies HD vs. SD

Answered
What is the technical difference between HD vs SD on telstra box office, I have watched both And haven't noticed any difference. My tv is 5 year old and only 1080p, is HD only worth it if you have a 4k tv or something?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Movies HD vs. SD

@Azzasomething wrote:
What is the technical difference between HD vs SD on telstra box office, I have watched both And haven't noticed any difference. My tv is 5 year old and only 1080p, is HD only worth it if you have a 4k tv or something?

@Azzasomething HD would be a better picture for you to watch as it would be in 1080p versus SD 480p. 4K is another thing entirely.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

@Azzasomething wrote:

@Azzasomething HD would be a better picture for you to watch as it would be in 1080p versus SD 480p. 4K is another thing entirely.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Graham123
Level 2: Rookie

720p and 1080p are HD. You would notice a cosiderable difference between that and SD which is 480p. HD content being clearer picture and better quality audio usually accompanies it.

I can hear the differnce in audio volume and quality when i change between HD and SD tv channels for example.
Make sure all your settings are set to play content in HD.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now