Highlighted
Trish71
Level 1: Cadet

Netflix on my t-box

Answered

ok so i have a tbox and therefore i have presto...and i hate it. There never seems to be new movies and the ones i want i cant find and the ones i end up watching are old and freeze multiple times. which then makes me pay for a bigpond movie...so presto ends up being a waste of money. How can i get Netflix? I dont have a new TV, just a t box and wi fi. through my PC in the other room ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Netflix on my t-box

Hey @Trish71,

I kind of like Presto, I watch Aquarius and a lot of the TV stuff, with the occasional movie.

The T-Box will NEVER get Netflix.  It's a sunset product and Telstra won't be doing any new things with it.

The Telstra TV (I have one as well as the T-Box) is great for Netflix, STAN, Presto etc.  I use it for Netflix.

Be aware, the Telstra-TV is a very locked down version of a Roku, so you won't get as much flexibility, but it's fine for most.

Also, it doesn't record FTA, and it doesn't get normal TV channels or Foxtel.

Of course, you can get Netflix from your PC and simply use a HDMI port on your TV to stream or simply watch on your PC.

Long story short,  I'd reccomend the Telstra TV for you, bearing in mind the limitations I mentioned.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Unfortunately you can't get Netflix through the TBox, and as it is a discontinued product, I would doubt that there will be an app developed for it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hey @Trish71,

I kind of like Presto, I watch Aquarius and a lot of the TV stuff, with the occasional movie.

The T-Box will NEVER get Netflix.  It's a sunset product and Telstra won't be doing any new things with it.

The Telstra TV (I have one as well as the T-Box) is great for Netflix, STAN, Presto etc.  I use it for Netflix.

Be aware, the Telstra-TV is a very locked down version of a Roku, so you won't get as much flexibility, but it's fine for most.

Also, it doesn't record FTA, and it doesn't get normal TV channels or Foxtel.

Of course, you can get Netflix from your PC and simply use a HDMI port on your TV to stream or simply watch on your PC.

Long story short,  I'd reccomend the Telstra TV for you, bearing in mind the limitations I mentioned.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now