CrowdSupport®
chick_1985
Level 1: Cadet

Network connection issue on Telstra TV

For the last month or so our Telstra TV2 is having issues connecting to our wifi. It worked fine before but it drops off and no apps will load. I completely reset everything and it has made no difference. It connects then drops off. I can't put an ethernet cable into it and connect it to the tv at the same time as they are no where near each other. Any advice?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Network connection issue on Telstra TV

Which modem do you have?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
chick_1985

We have moved to the NBN so a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2- DJA0231

Try turning off band steering in your modem so that it broadcasts separate 2.4 & 5GHz wifi networks. Then connect the Telstra TV to to 2.4GHz network (Which operates over longer distances than the 5GHz network).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @chick_1985,

How did you go with the details advised by Jupiter? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

chick_1985

Unfortunately it didn’t work. Sometime it will connect but then goes to do a software update and fails so I can’t get past the network part of set up as I reset it to try and fix it. 

Support Team
Support Team

If you haven't yet had the chance to speak to our Telstra TV Tech Support team they can help look into it. The device shouldn't be constantly failing when trying to install a software update. 

They can be reached any time on 132200 (say 'Telstra TV' and the 'Faults'). 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now