Blowmeonekinnob
Level 1: Cadet

No Volume Since Hooking Up To Telstra TV

Since hooking up to the NBN I have had no volume since December 3. I can longer get free to air channels because the technician who installed the service ripped a cable out of the Foxtel Box on the side of the house and why have I been told that I need to pay for a technician to restore whatever was pulled out by the guy who installed the service out of my back pocket? NOT HAPPY!!

One day the apes will rise.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No Volume Since Hooking Up To Telstra TV

Hey Blowmeonekinnob,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with this service via the Telstra TV device and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad As there has been such a long time since this post was put in the system I must ask if this has been resolved for you as yet or not? 

The best contact for this to be addressed further is via the Telstra TV Faults team on 132200 (24/7) and saying 'Telstra TV' then 'Faults' when prompted. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Blowmeonekinnob

Hi Dingo Dan, sorry for the late reply things have been a bit hectic. In regards to the sound issue, I resolved that for myself by changing the port the HDMI cable was in. I moved it from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3 and sound came through. I still done have live tv and I’ve called customer service and Telstra tv and I keep being told that I have to pay for a tech to fix the problem, I had free to air before I got the NBN and Telstra tv installed, the technician ripped a massive cable out of the Foxtel junction box on the side of the house and since he did that I’ve had no free to air. I don’t understand why I need to pay for a tech to fix up something a tech messed up. Internet works perfectly and so does Telstra tv only exception is free to air channels.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you plugged an antenna in to the Telstra TV? Nothing in the Foxtel box should affect the ability for the Telstra TV to receive FTA TV signals as they come through an antenna, not a Foxtel cable.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Blowmeonekinnob

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the antenna cable is hooked into the back of the Telstra TV box which I did as per instructions when I was setting it up. The antenna wire that the tech removed is approximately 5 meters long. Without sounding like a person on a witch-hunt, the tech who did the installation wasn’t a very helpful person at all, but I’m taking that issue up with Telstra Customer Service. I’ve done everything as per the manual instructed and also with the help from a phone tech at Telstra TV, now I just feel as if I’ve hit a brick wall and the only way through it is by bashing my head against it. I think the only way around this is if I get an antenna tech of my own to look over what the installation tech has done and pay him to fix up whatever was done.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now