Summerdaze
Level 2: Rookie

No broadband on Telstra tv

Telstra Tv was working on live tv but then switched to no broadband. All apps work and the settings show wifi connection. Why can’t I use live tv? Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: No broadband on Telstra tv

Do you have an Arial connected to the Telstra TV?

Level 25: The Singularity

Do you have a Telstra Broadband connection? The Live TV function won't work without it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Summerdaze

Yes, it is was working fine then just stopped.

I would be resetting the Telstra TV and seeing if that helps.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Summerdaze

I turned everything off and back on, including the NBN. Still no luck. I have excellent wifi connection. So how can I have wifi and no broadband?
Level 21: Augmented

@Summerdaze wrote:
I turned everything off and back on, including the NBN. Still no luck. I have excellent wifi connection. So how can I have wifi and no broadband?

Can I just confirm what Telstra Broadband modem model you are using?

And as @Jupiter has commented above, I would try a reset of the TelstraTV.

1. Remove all cables except the power cord from your Telstra TV.
  2. On the back of the device, use a paper clip to hold down the reset button for 15 seconds.
  3. Keep holding the reset button and remove the power cord from the Telstra TV.
  4. Release the reset button.
  5. Plug all the cords back into the Telstra TV.
Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Summerdaze

There is no reset button on my Telstra tv box. I tried it on my modem, a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with voice backup.

On the Telstra TV2 the reset button is located on the bottom of the box near the front. It is not located behind a hole but is a button Built into the bottom of the unit.

Summerdaze

There is no reset button or hole. I have a Telstra tv powered by Roku. There is a spot for a SIM card, USB cord and the three w plugs ( power cord, antenna and hdmi). I really appreciate ur help.

Try going into settings, then system, then advanced system settings, then factory reset.

@Summerdaze wrote:
There is no reset button or hole. I have a Telstra tv powered by Roku. There is a spot for a SIM card, USB cord and the three w plugs ( power cord, antenna and hdmi). I really appreciate ur help.

@Summerdaze Sorry for before. I posted from a Telstra link on resetting the TTV without first checking which version you have.

The reset button on the TTV2 is underneath with a slightly raised rubber button with the word "RESET' carved into it. Its located just before the model/serial number looking from front to back.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

20190420_150605[1].jpg

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Summerdaze

Just checking back in to see how you went and if you need any further help or support?

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Summerdaze

No luck. I found the reset and did as advised but home, live tv and search still state Telstra broadband required to enable all features on Telstra TV.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your reply,

In this instance I would then recommend calling our support team on 13 22 00 and say "TELSTRA TV" then "FAULTS" to be connected with the right department.

Pleas let us know how you get on.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Summerdaze

Thanks for everyone’s help. Will call after the holiday. Cheers.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now