CrowdSupport®
Matt169
Level 1: Cadet

Plex

My plex app has stopped working. It wont load at all yet every other app on my telstra tv works. Is there a known fault?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
wismanandy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Plex

I am having the same issue, it starts to load, and then just stops

GMH11
Level 2: Rookie

Same here. Won’t even load. This is the main reason I have Telstra TV. 

wismanandy
Level 3: Gumshoe

I sideloaded the old plex developer version in the mean time

Highlighted
ivanette

Plex have rolled back to a previous version (6.3 b14) overnight. It works now.

Whimpy

They have fixed it once last week with a rollback of firmware but toninght it's stopped working again..... was fine was streaming watching started then just stopped very annoying Is anyone from Telstra here???

Sarah1092

That direct connection will allow the apps to stream at higher qualities and the connection will be more efficient. You can find the Remote Access area under Settings > Server > Remote Access in the Plex Web App. In many cases, everything will work automatically.

Level 21: Augmented

@Whimpy wrote:

They have fixed it once last week with a rollback of firmware but toninght it's stopped working again..... was fine was streaming watching started then just stopped very annoying Is anyone from Telstra here???

@Matt169 Maybe reboot the server and try a different file/s. I know sometimes Plex can have issues with certain file compression's and has trouble with transcoding. 

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Whimpy

Thanks for the reply Matt169...... I have tried all that and more and still no joy it tries to load the files gets  to 33 - 35% Then Lags for a while then the error  "Playback Has Stopped Due to Muliple Playback Errors Please Check your Connection and Try Again" shows on the screen...... The files have played absolutely fine previously This is only started happening since the Plex Media Server Update on the 16th Oct  I have screenshots I will post as soon as I can reduce their size Cheers

Whimpy

Telstra Tv Plex1.jpgTelstra Tv Plex 2.jpg

Whimpy

Here are the screenshots as promised Thanks Guys and girls Cheers for now 

@Whimpy wrote:

Thanks for the reply Matt169...... I have tried all that and more and still no joy it tries to load the files gets  to 33 - 35% Then Lags for a while then the error  "Playback Has Stopped Due to Muliple Playback Errors Please Check your Connection and Try Again" shows on the screen...... The files have played absolutely fine previously This is only started happening since the Plex Media Server Update on the 16th Oct  I have screenshots I will post as soon as I can reduce their size Cheers

@Whimpy It still sounds to me to be a transcoding issue (Could be due to current version). When the TTV cannot play the associated codec Plex will then transcode. The quality of the hardware that Plex server runs on has allot to do with success.

You can find out whether this is the case by examining your Plex Media Server.log file that covers your attempt to stream.

You’ll need to temporarily enable Verbose logging (once you’re done, you should then disable Verbose logging)

plex.jpg

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Whimpy

Hi Matt Well that's possibly the case but I'm not good with all that Tech Stuff so I have basically done a full computer Reset reloaded Windows from scratch and still no joy and I mean I did a full reset got rid of everything and just loaded the essentials back on with Plex and I'm afraid it's doing exactly the same as before it wont play any files I have tried several and same result exactly so at the moment I'm hoping the next plex update will fix the problem but not holding my breath lol so for now I'm able to plug the external drive into the USB of the Telstra TV and using the Roku Media player app to play the files and they are playing fine Cheers for now

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now