NeedTheNet
Level 1: Cadet

T-TV won't connect via Optus modem using Telstra network.

5 days ago my Telstra modem (white, 5G and NBN compatible) stopped working. No lights. I changed all the cables and power supply, still nothing. I plugged in an old Optus modem (black, ) and changed the login and password in the ADSL2+ section on the modems network gateway page.
The internet works now but I can't make the home phone work at the same time - even with a splitter. Anyway, the bigger problem I now have is not being able to connect my Telstra TV to the Optus modem. I have to use the Telstra TV mobile app as a remote as my dog ate the actual one last Sept.
When I try to connect to TV box, I get a pop up saying can't find T-TV : try again? This is the only option I get to select. I have tried to activate again but my phone app/remote won't bring up the remote function until it finds a connection with the box/network.
Is there anyway to reset the TV box from the gateway portal? I've tried using the button underneath for 15 secs with aerial and HDMI unplugged then removing power then letting go of button. It didn't work. As far as I'm aware I'm out of options but I'm open to suggestions. Please help a girl out. I live alone in the bush and need the TV noise, I don't get TV without the box. Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
NeedTheNet
Level 1: Cadet

Re: T-TV won't connect via Optus modem using Telstra network.

I'll add, when it did appear to reset I was given the option to "Get started", this I could not do due to not have the ability to click left or right with the number display/remote not appearing on the app..
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hopefully you have contacted Tech Support where they can organise a replacement modem for you. 

Replacement Telstra TV remotes cost $15 and are available in store or over the phone.  Telstra TV Assurance team can be contacted on 1800 087 688

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your phone and TTV need to be on the same network in order to use the app as a remote.

Not sure if it would work if the TTV was plugged in to the modem via ethernet, but you could try.

You should definitely get a new remote though and put it in a cupboard as a just in case.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

The TTV remote app works fine for me with my TTV connected via Ethernet.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more