ydoow
Level 3: Gumshoe

TELSTRA TV BOX OFFICE - can't activate offer

When I changed my Telstra bundled plan in May, I was sent an email offering a $75 credit to rent movies on Box Office on my smart TV.  I have tried many times to activate this credit, but can't get past the activation stage on Telstra's website.  Have wasted much time on this and only have till end of this month to activate.  Have tried chat support without any success.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA TV BOX OFFICE - can't activate offer

Hi there.

Have you tried accessing the Telstra Box Office via the Smart TV directly? You may find that the box office credit has been automatically applied, and this is why you are getting the error when you try to activate the offer. Please let me know if this helps, or if you're not seeing the credit applied against the account when you sign in through your Smart TV.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ydoow

Thanks Keiran,

I can't log in to my account in either the Smart TV or on my PC.  Something to do with Telstra 'Plus' customers?

Have made contact with Telstra TV BoxOfice support, who have advised that they will look into issue of logging on and activation of credit linked to my account (ref:_00D90ki2K._5005Loc7U:ref)

Support Team
Support Team

Hi ydoow,

Sorry to read you've had so much trouble, I'm glad a report is in place & hope you haven answers soon.

Keep us in the loop.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tyso1
Level 1: Cadet

I am having a similar issue but am now being asked for a code?? I can see the offer but when I clck to activate I get asked for a code. I get this in the app, on the smart tv, on my laptop. I was just in a chat as well (for 1 1/2 hours) and got told that the activatioin date is 31/7 but it clearly states that we must activate BY 31/7

ydoow

Tyso1 - I was advised by TV Box Office Support that Telstra is aware of the issue and will extend the date for activation.   Given that we have all spent some hours trying to sort this out, it would be nice if Telstra increased the credit offer, in compensation, once the issue is finally sorted out?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now