Highlighted
nstc
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA TV NO SOUND

Hi guys I just got the new Telstra TV, I also use a Tbox... Problem is after I installed the telstra TV the bloody thing has no sound but the picture works fine, any one know why I am having these problems, my sound works fine with the Tbox I have it on input 4 and the telstra tv iput 3

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: TELSTRA TV NO SOUND

Have you tried another HDMI cable/input on your TV?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
nstc

Not yet, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

nstc

Hi I tried what you suggested and its not the HDMI cables it's the actual port on the TV, because I plugged my tbox into it and had no sound too, does this mean I have a faulty spare HDMI port?

Level 20: Director

Possibly. Did you use the same cable though?

Cheers!

nstc

I tested both HDMI cables on each devise and the sound started working on the Telstra TV when I used Input 3 where I have my tbox plugged in, I tested my tbox on input 4 where I have been having the sound trouble with the telstra TV and the tbox had a picture with no sound, So I guess it's the input 4 HDMI port on the TV? in my first post I got the ports mixed up. Either way every time I want to Use the Telstra TV I'm gonna be unplugging and plugging **bleep** back in every time. That could get annoying.........!

Level 20: Director

Maybe you could get a HDMI switcher to change inputs with the press of a button. I have a 4input switcher on my 2nd TV which only has one HDMI input.

Cheers!

Memyselfi
Level 4: Private Eye

Some Surround amplifiers can be used as a HDMI switcher if you have one.    Smiley Happy   (i have 1 out 4 in)

@datalore777 wrote:

Maybe you could get a HDMI switcher to change inputs with the press of a button. I have a 4input switcher on my 2nd TV which only has one HDMI input.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more