Highlighted
Andleigh1
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA TV NO SOUND

Telstra Tv has lost its sound, working fine last time we accessed it 2 days ago. Picture is great, have checked HDMI cables and they seem to be working. Any suggestions

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA TV NO SOUND

Hi Andleigh1,

That sounds very strange, have you tried that HDMI cable and port with another device to make sure it's the Telstra TV that is having the problem?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Andleigh1
Level 1: Cadet

Yes have tried different HDMI cables, different ports on TV. Have a perfectly great picture when playing movies & shows through Telstra TV but no sound.

Technical Support
Technical Support

Thanks for confirming that you have done the first few steps of the troubleshooting for no sound on the Telstra TV which I am listing below.

1. Check the HDMI Cables and connections
2. Restart the Telstra TV by removing the power cable from approximately 10 seconds before reconnecting.
3. Check the volume settings on the TV
4. Is there an issue with the sound on all apps/shows? If yes, try setting the audio output on your TV to Stereo only.
5. Try using the Telstra TV connected to a different TV

If you still do not have any sound from your Telstra TV, please contact Tech Support to organise a replacement if you are within warranty or return it to the place of purchase. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 20: Director

@Shellock wrote:

If you still do not have any sound from your Telstra TV, please contact Tech Support to organise a replacement if you are within warranty or return it to the place of purchase. 

I would say that all Telstra TVs out there (on bundles, at least), would still be within warranty - at least ACL if not manufacturer's warranty. Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Technical Support
Technical Support

As the posts on Crowd Support are around forever and the answers are able to be Googled, I wanted to future proof my response as much as possible.

- Shelly

John001
Level 2: Rookie

Go into settings and then to audio make sure audio is not set to 5.1 sound. Stereo is the best connection.

John Matthews

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more