Grazer1
Level 2: Rookie

TV3 private listening

When I turn off private listening the sound will not come back on the tele. What am I doing wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TV3 private listening

Hey Grazer1,

Just to confirm what was the device you were setting up with the private listing profile? Was this the Telstra TV device? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Grazer1

It’s a Telstra TV3 with an iPhone 6. The only way I could get sound thru the tele again was to power the TV3 off and on again.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Grazer1,

Are there any configurations options in the pairing menu of the phone you can adjust that might explain this? Otherwise I'd try pairing it again from scratch.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Grazer1

Already checked for that and did pair it again. Although I haven’t tried since I did the power reset. Will give it another go tonight and let you know the result. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Grazer1!

Grazer1

Ok. Tried again, when I press the Private Listen on the app, I get the message saying sound will now revert the the Telstra Tv. But no sound. I have to reset the Telstra Tv before I get any sound. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Grazer1,

What an unusual issue, I would suggest seeing if the tech support team can offer further advice, you can chat with them on the following secure chat link.   https://tel.st/2kgzj

Angela

Grazer1

Tech support staff at the link given above  tried, but had no answers for me. Back to square 1. Looks like the function won’t work for me. Would like to use it but will have to go without. Unfortunate cos everything else works fine. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Grazer1

When going back into the sound settings for the Telstra TV itself does all seem ok? Have you been able to try a factory reset of the device to see if this helps at all? 

DKB117
Level 1: Cadet

The same thing happens to me.  I simply reset the TV3 box through the settings and it sorts out the sound issue.  Feature did not work correctly. 

Grazer1

Thanks DKB117. I thought it was just me. 

Ivan. I thought about a factory reset but that would been going thru all the subscription setups again. It’s such a pain. But if you know it would fix it, it maybe worth it. Has this worked for anyone else, or is this just the standard response for all issues, like Foxtel always suggest. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now