RodgerS
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telstra TV 2 & Amazon Prime Video

The Telstra TV 2 has Foxtel Now (Im a subscriber) Netflix (I'm a subscriber), Youtube (Google, I have an account), Stan (Fairfax), and now we have Amaxon Prime Video (which I have a monthly subscription to). Is Telstra planning on adding the Prime Video App anytime soon. It would make the TTV2 an even better option for Aussie consumers.

The fact I can integrate all free to air channels into the Foxtel Now App, and having Netflix, and YouTube, plus all free to air catch up apps makes my TTV2 a great product, which would be made even better with Amazon Prime Video.

Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey, Apple Watch 44mm Space Grey LTE, Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 64GB, 2017 Apple iMac 27" 5K

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV 2 & Amazon Prime Video

Hi @RodgerS

Thanks for the question.

There is no plan to add Amazon Prime at this time to the Telstra TV.

We appreciate the feedback and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns going forward.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RodgerS

Whst a shame. It would work to Telstra's benefit. I have the Amazon App on my ATV 4K but it would be great to have it on the TTV2 So I didn't have to keep swapping the hdmi switcher over.
Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey, Apple Watch 44mm Space Grey LTE, Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 64GB, 2017 Apple iMac 27" 5K
Support Team
Support Team

@RodgerS from my understanding Amazing are focused on their own devices at this time and are not shopping the rights to the Amazon Prime app to other providers.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

RodgerS

Edit: The Free to Air channels don't "integrate with the Foxtel Now App", there's a section in the Roku TTV 2 that has Live Free to Air Channels when you plug your arial lead into the TTV2. Anyhow, its a good UI and although I use the ATV 4K more often I'm starting to use the TTV a bit more often.
Support Team
Support Team

@RodgerS Thanks for that information.

Please come back and chat with us again any time. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Smiley Happy

- Jimmy

skaye
Level 2: Rookie

Actually, the Amazon Prime Video app is available on the exact same Roku box that the Telstra TV 2 uses, so it's not Amazon that's the issue here.  If we could just install apps onto the device like you can with a regular Roku device there wouldn't be an issue, it's just that Telstra intentionally cripples it.

RodgerS

Yeah, exactly. Telstra it appears want to lock the Roku 3 to their proprietary preferences. The fact that they allow Stan, Netflix, Foxtel Now, and a number of other Apps. tells me there is something more to this than Amazon's rejection. If Telstra opened up the Telstra TV to more Roku accepted Apps it would make a fine Streaming console (although it still doesn't have bluetoooth with is a shame). Apple ATV 4K allow everything, especially if you use a VPN and sign in to the App stor with a US Apple ID. The selection is amazing and it includes Amazon.
Kittykwat

I already have Prime video on my US Roku device so it’s already been built for the Roku device. So there are a few different possibilities one could think of:

• Telstra have made a commercial decision to not include it
  • they have possibly asked Amazon to pay a fee to include it of which Amazon have Declined so no app being included
  • or Amazon have decided for some crazy out of this world reason maybe they don’t want Telstra customers paying to use there service on a Telstra device and have decided to Limit their market.  

If it’s the latter I’ll eat my shorts. 😂. Just another nail in the coffin in why you don’t rely on rebadged hardware. 

D4D767F0-CCCE-4E7C-B2A1-61C8637322CF.jpeg

Jono64a
Level 1: Cadet

Jimmy Lo? Response? Cat got your tongue?
Sam581

Hi I have Telstra TV and was wondering about getting the Amazon prime video app. I'd appreciate if you could please have that added in. Please let me know there's another way of doing this. Thanks very much.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Sam581

Discussion for ideas to help improve the Telstra TV can be found here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/Got-a-great-idea-to-improve-Telstra-TV/ba-p/772367

The feedback form here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/telstra-tv-feedback will assist in adding any options that can be agreed upon commercially with third parties. 

Densely

I cant believe telstra do not allow roku users to access prime from Amazon, wake up telstra are you afraid they will take over.People like me will find away to get it.
mackas75

I guess your understanding isn't correct then as I have amazon prime on my Apple TV and others have it on Roku devices.. 

Wake up Telstra , this is the age of information where  people are no longer naive sheep. If you say something , be sure you know what your talking about because if you don't, you will be called out on it.

sw3

We have to be mindful iinet and optus who offer Fetch TV in the Australian market as competition to Telstra's TV2 also does not have Amazon Prime video. There could be some commercial reason why this is the case. 

Davet1

Yes I am still waiting for Amazon Prime for Telstra tv 2. I can use it on my Nvidia Shield which is now available in Aus
RodgerS

How did you get Amazon Prime on the TTV2?
RodgerS

argh never mind, I misread your comment

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more