Highlighted
GeorgeK63
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV 2 and HDMI 2 audio issue

Answered

Hi, I just received my Telstra TV2 and set it up on a HDMI 1.4 port, it works fine but cannot get 4K on HDMI 1.4. I then plugged it into my HDMI 2 port and while I get video, when it goes to play sound it either has no sound or in YouTube has a tinny whine. I setup both video and audio to autodetect.  I have plugged in another device into this HDMI 2 port and it works fine.

Is this an issue with my Telstra TV2 device and if so any idea how to fix it?

George

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV 2 and HDMI 2 audio issue

Did you use the same HDMI cable for both devices? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GeorgeK63
Accepted Solution

Hi Shellock. I rang tech support and we ended up fixing the problem. It seems that I needed to go into my Telstra TV audio settings and choose PCM-Stereo rather than Auto-Detect. I have no idea why it worked with the cable I use for my DVD but happy it is all working. George

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Did you use the same HDMI cable for both devices? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GeorgeK63

Hi Shellock,

I tried it with different cables.  I just tried it with my DVD HDMI cable and it works on both DVD and Telstra TV.  I therefore am making an assumption, the cable provided with the Telstra TV2 is faulty.

Question then, how do I get a replacement cable from Telstra (given I just received the device)?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

George

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am not certain if we are able to replace only the HDMI cable, but if you contact Tech Support on 133 933, they will be able to advise you further regarding this

GeorgeK63
Accepted Solution

Hi Shellock. I rang tech support and we ended up fixing the problem. It seems that I needed to go into my Telstra TV audio settings and choose PCM-Stereo rather than Auto-Detect. I have no idea why it worked with the cable I use for my DVD but happy it is all working. George

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now