Level 20: Director

Telstra TV App Request Thread

HI All,

Thought I might create a thread to help compile a list of apps users would like to see included on their Telstra TV that are not currently available.

Let's try to request known Roku apps for ease of adding, and keep suggestions to Telstra TV users or those at least familiar with the current app offerings.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Telstra TV App Request Thread

Well, let me go first. My #1 request if for the Plex app to be included so that I can have the best user experience watching items stored in my Plex Server.

Cheers!

runaround
Level 9: Captain

My tuppence worth would be the addition of iView 2 , tenplay 10 , Channel 44 with those in place it would be a good piece of gear , however see my other thread about Plus 7 before you think  I am excited

Regards

runaround

"Just someone trying to get my TelstraTV to work like in the advertisements"
ryber
Level 2: Rookie

Let me add my vote to Plex - this is the reason why I havent bought the device yet.

Once it has this capability I will buy it straight away!

Pelican1
Level 3: Gumshoe

@ryber wrote:

Let me add my vote to Plex - this is the reason why I havent bought the device yet.

Apparantly you can side-load Plex onto it.

The box is the same as the SkyTV box in the UK and people have successfully loaded Plex to the Telstra box this way.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/08/sky-now-tv-plex/

Cheers Brian

bonnifap

Spoiler

I was disappointed ABC Iview and Ten play are not included in the app line up. The more apps the better keep adding them if they can.

@Pelican1 wrote:

@ryber wrote:

Apparantly you can side-load Plex onto it.

The box is the same as the SkyTV box in the UK and people have successfully loaded Plex to the Telstra box this way.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/08/sky-now-tv-plex/

Cheers Brian

We have a thread on that very subject already: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-TV/HowTo-Plex-for-TelstraTV/td-p/519486

Cheers!

@bonnifap wrote:
Spoiler

I was disappointed ABC Iview and Ten play are not included in the app line up. The more apps the better keep adding them if they can.

Apparently they are coming soon! Stay tuned.

Cheers!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey all,

tenplay has now been added. ABC iView is on the radar...

What else do you want to see?

@_Zeke wrote:

What else do you want to see?

I believe the Plex app is at #1 on the list right now Smiley Wink

Cheers!

paulwright82

• ABC Iview
  • Spotify
  • Foxtel Play App
  • Vevo
  • Crackle
  • Plex (Officially)
  • AFL/Cricket Apps

Smiley Happy

Dazza3981

NHL Gamecenter. As an avid ice hockey fan (and there are a lot in Australia), 2-3 games a week on Foxtel doesn't cut it. If i can't access NHL Gamecenter on Telstra TV I'm going to go and buy a Chromecast or Apple TV which both support the NHL Gamecenter app!

@Dazza3981  A member after my heart. I'm a Canadian import and a big hockey fan.  I've asked about a NHL and MLB App, but sadly, I can't see that happening anytime soon.  I dare say, they'd release a NFL App before NHL.  

I agree the coverage of games on Foxtel is not good enough, so I've had to resort to other viewing methods.

Enjoy the season...Go Leafs Go! 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

☆☆ LOOKS ABOVE IN HORROR ☆☆

@Deanna, so I take it the wedding is off now because I don't like hockey? 

And mods don't touch this post or I'll whack y'all (in my fake Canadian accent) on the head with my e-hockey cyber stick. Smiley LOL HeartHeart

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

@Tezz  Yep, I guess it is.  I cannot and will not marry someone who doesn't watch ice hockey (or just hockey as the fans call it) or ice skate....  

Dazza3981

Leafs Blow!

I'm a die hard Buffalo Sabres fan and recently had the privilege when holidaying in the USA to go to a Sabres v Leafs game in Buffalo for a 2-1 Sabres shootout win! Lets go Buufalo!

@Dazza3981

Well only a person from Toronto would admit to liking the Leafs  and being from Toronto it's in my DNA to hate the Sabres LOL  

dajaco

Hi,

I'd love to see the following apps offered in the app store:

Google Play Movies

Crackle

WWE Network

These three all have official apps available in the US Roku app store and all offer services in Australia so I can't believe it'd be that hard to have them in the Telstra TV app store.

A couple more I hope are developed in the new year:

Foxtel Go/Play

NRL

Thanks.

dean1dj

How about just opening the Roku App store.

Vevo TV

Smithsonian

EpixHD

A&E

The History Channel

runaround
Level 9: Captain

Apparently Plus 7 are going to allow 7two and 7mate content to be available shortly , another good move keep on going in this direction

runaround

"Just someone trying to get my TelstraTV to work like in the advertisements"
adgraphic

I would like Foxtel Go or the Play service app added, as I cannot subscribe to the Foxtel's full service option where I live due to infrastructure restrictions. 

If these apps where to be made available via Telstra TV, what would the likelihood be that these services would be unmetered, given that we are Telstra customers and Telstra has a 50% stake in Foxtel?

@adgraphic wrote:

If these apps where to be made available via Telstra TV, what would the likelihood be that these services would be unmetered, given that we are Telstra customers and Telstra has a 50% stake in Foxtel?

A fairly good chance, if they add some sort of Foxtel streaming option.

Cheers!

Brettstv
Level 1: Cadet

My vote is for;

• Foxtel Play App (first and foremost)
  • Vevo
  • Spotify
  • Google Play Movies & TV
  • CuriosityStream
Symmetry

Plex (official) - I hvae side loaded it, which makes the device useful as a media player, but it could use some official development.

I saw another good one on this thread - Google Play Movies. Or Playstore Media in general. I much prefer pay-for-what-you-watch, rather than ongoing subscriptions like netflix. After all, thats the reason i went with the TelstraTV in the first place - Bigpond Movies. No monthly cost.

Brettstv

Still NO;

• Foxtel (Play)
  • Vevo
  • Spotify
  • Google Play Movies & TV
  • CuriosityStream

but I notice that the Apple TV 4 has nearly caught up to the Telstra TV with the recent addition of iView, and 9Now (coming soon).

The only messages we are getting from Foxtel (Foxtel plots rival device to Apple TV and Telstra TV) are confusing and no comment from Telstra.

Sadly it looks like the Testra TV (although a great product) is going to be left way behind :-(

Mark-W

Are there any plans to add a BeIn Sports Connect app to allow streaming of live sports events? Or even Fox Sports channels?

Hi Mark,

You will find Telstra won't let slip on any up-coming updates/additions to the Telstra TV until it is ready to launch. Not nearly as secretive as Apple, but still up there due to CIC.

Cheers!

SilverFox59

Hi all

I would like to add the official Flixster app to allow playback of UV titles.   Always felt dudded by digital copies of purchased films being removed from Apple and losing ability to stream to TV.

Then Plex would be great :-) 

meerkat_mafia

+1 For Plex.

Thought for sure this app would have been supported already!

Please add it to the list.

millsii

As per the three I created the other day, the Telstra TV currently has the NBA Roku app. Given this, now that the MLB season has started, could the MLB.TV Roku app be added to the Telstra TV app list? I do see that others have also requested this app.

bnatali

I would like to see the MLB app. 

danmac_au

+1 for NHL Gamecenter. Playoffs are on now and I'd love to watch on the Telstra TV (At least as long as the Redwings are still in it)

Also I doubt it is currently in the Roku Store, but Madman's AnimeLab is a great Aussie Anime service, currently on Apple TV and I would love to see it on Telstra's

Note: I work for Telstra, though not in a customer facing area so most of my answers are from personal experience using our products. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
billrodgers
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Vikings37

+1 for MLB.TV and/or MLB@Bat please

billrodgers
Level 5: Eagle Eye

• NRL LIve Digital Pass. Yes, I know you want us to subscribe to Foxtel but having the pass on a PC or Laptop and mobile devices sells Telstra TV short. Think of the revenue if this is unmetered through Telstra.
  • Supercars Live Digital Pass.This doesn't exist for Australians. I've followed the sport for over 40 years and my interest has been substantially reduced with the current arrangement. Allow us to buy a pass and make it exclusive to Telstra TV. You will get more customers. I bought my first LG Smart TV  at the time it had V8SC. I then signed up for BigPond.
  • Alternative to above is to provide a Foxtel on-demand pay per view service that includes Live Sports packages. 
TheGroove
Level 4: Private Eye

Unfortunately for us Telstra Tv users, this thread just falls on deaf ears.

complaints.jpg

@TheGroove wrote:

Unfortunately for us Telstra Tv users, this thread just falls on deaf ears

The point of this thread is to promote discussion and ideas. If TPTB happen to come acorss this thread, all and good.

Even if TPTB take on board any of the suggestions here, it may take them time to delveop and release, particularly if an app does not already appear on the Roku devices.

Let's give it time to see what develops.

Cheers!

media_demon

Access to the existing roku SHOUTcast app would get my vote.

No development needed, just put it in! 

TheGroove

Clearly your new to Telstra hhahaha

Most of these requests are alreadyt available on Roku and just need to be added, no development needed.

@TheGroove wrote:

Most of these requests are alreadyt available on Roku and just need to be added, no development needed.

Agreed on that point. Just not guaranteeing that this thread is being monitored for such recommendations, but one can hope Smiley Wink

Cheers!

TC33

NFL

Plex

These are musts for me and if they can't be added then I'll just plug in my old Roku once again. It should be simple enough given they are already supported on Roku and not region dependent. 

NHL, MLB and Amazon would be great. 

It seems to me that Telstra have a real opportunity here but whether they will develop it further given their vested interests is another matter.

Kommissar_raven

Just having recieved the telstra TV I was both excited and a little depressed at the lack of apps available to me, like many of you I have used the developer mode to install PLEX which I would've hoped for to be installable through the Telstra Tv home page, I think that there should be a small app download store inside the Telstra Tv's OS which would give you the ability to download most of the apps which are roku enabled.

All that being said this is the list of apps that I would like to be added to the Telstra TV:

- PLEX (official)

- Foxtel play (if my iphone can play it why can't my Telstra Tv?)

- Crackle

- Spotify (was hoping that I could've installed it in developer mode alas not to be)

- popcornflix

- the ability to select any one of the apps from the roku catalouge

would've thought that the last request wouldn't be too hard to implement on to the Telstra TV's OS, considering developer mode is still accessible.

Tysonv48

____  _     _______  __
|  _ \| |   | ____\ \/ /
| |_) | |   |  _|  \  / 
|  __/| |___| |___ /  \ 
|_|   |_____|_____/_/\_\

Plex Version 4 (Ofiicial App not Plex Classic)

BigHMan

Please add Motor trend on demand app it's roku enabled

Daff

I would LOVE to see the WWE app so I can access the WWE Network through my Telstra TV. 

TheGroove

Telstra TV has become a complete waste of space.

@TheGroove wrote:

Telstra TV has become a complete waste of space.

This is an App Request thread, not a whinge thread. You can start a new thread for your conversation regarding why the Telstra TV does not work for you.

Cheers!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey All,

I have floated this topic and just wanted to drop in to let you know that we are working to continue bringing apps to the platform over time as Telstra sign deals with content providers.

Suggestions on this thread will be seen by the product team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

tewie0

+1 for PLEX.

This should be supported already!!

Ironbrad

I would like to put my vote in for the PLEX app for Telstra TV.

Come on big T.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now