Highlighted
niknak0404
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Bigpond Movies cant rent a movie

We havent used our Telstra TV for a while and decided to watch a movie.

First we had issues with it not accepting our PIN, which I managed to reset at ID.Bigpondmovies.com.

Then the credit we had not used was no longer there? We had a voucher for $15 and had only used 5.99 but presume there must have been an expiry on the voucher.

Anyway, I then tried to charge to my bigpond account via settings but it wouldnt let me rent a video (error message: were sorry there appears to be an error with your transaction, please try again later).

I then tried to add my credit card using my smartphone - failed to get passed the expiry date section

I then logged onto my PC, and after adding my credit card 5 times, it still failed to show up as the preferred payment method.

So I thought OK, I'll buy a Telstra Movie Voucher on line.

Thankfully, it allowed me to do this, and my voucher was emailed to me a few minutes later.

I then entered via redeem voucher.

But once again, even though I had credit it wont rent a video. (same error message: were sorry there appears to be an error with your transacton, please try again later).

I have tried to restarting my Telstra TV, we've tried rending SD, HD and even buying the movie to no avail.

Please help? The Telstra TV was delivery May 2016 and has only been used a few times.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
niknak0404
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra TV Bigpond Movies cant rent a movie

bizarelly, I was able to rent the video logged in via my pc. I waited 5 minutes and voila it was available under My Library on the Telstra TV Bigpond Settings.

How to I sort this issue out that I can purchase a movie via the Telstra TV gadget otherwise this product totally sucks.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey niknak0404,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with using this BigPond Movies service via your Telstra TV device and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad We do have some troubleshooting steps available for this service at:

https://www.bigpondmovies.com/support/?device=TelstraTV

If these don't allow you to resolve these issues then you can contact the BigPond Movies team directly via either email at: help@bigpondmovies.com or aternatively, call us on 1800 502 502. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DionandLisa
Level 1: Cadet

We are experiencing exactly the same problem! Finally our PIN has accepted but when trying to rent a movie (with broadband billing option) it says "error with transaction". We REFUSE to enter our credit card as an option due to such a fiddly and error ridden app. Feeling might peeved off we have tried to watch a movie now for 3 days!!! Spoken to 2 tech people and we are still unable to rent anything. Give up. Oh well, they clearly don't want our money...for a change lol.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DionandLisa

Have you spoken to our BigPond Movies team, or just our Telstra TV support team?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now