Dr_Steve
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Box Office: This video is not playable on this player. Invalid Authorization Response

Hi,

I have just rented Mary Poppins Returns, and I am unable to play it. I have tried Chrome and Edge, two different laptops, and the Box Office App on an iPad. On the browsers the error is:

- This video is not playable on this player
- Invalid Authorization Response

On the iPad the error is:
Content Tree response invalid (no key for: na).

I notice that another person has reported the same error for this stream:
No resolution was given in that case.

Is there something specifically wrong with this stream, or is there a broader problem with TelstraTV?
Thank-you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

Re: Telstra TV Box Office: This video is not playable on this player. Invalid Authorization Response

I am having the same issue with Captain Marvel movie, I have tried all options of browser and updated all players but am still stuck, I think it means a call to Telstra for us unfortunately as I have seen this issue has not been resolved in other forums.
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV Box Office: This video is not playable on this player. Invalid Authorization Response

Hi Dr_Steve and Supernova, 

Welcome to Crowd Support!

I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing this issue and I can appreciate that this would be frustrating, especially if you've gone through all these different devices.

In this case, Supernova is correct in suggesting a call is required, and you can reach Telstra TV support on 13 22 00, say 'Telstra TV' when prompted and and a consultant will be able to advise further.

Alternatively you can reach our live chat team and they will be able to assist further on this issue.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Otchimann

I just called Telstra TV Box Office support with the same issue.

I was told it's to do with a licensing restriction between the movie studio and Telstra that affects the HD versions on some movie.

When renting the HD version of some movies you are unable to play the content on a laptop or iOS/Android device due to the licensing restriction.

The only device you can play these license restricted HD movie on is the Telstra TV or on Selected Smart TV.

I was advised to only rent the SD version to avoid this issue.  As currently these is no way to tell prior to renting a movie if this restriction on the HD version is in place.

I was also told Telstra is hoping to implement a warning pop up in future to advise of this restriction.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now