Zeldafan47
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Connection Error 016

Our Telstra TV unit hardware worked really well for months, but the last couple of weeks it is been continually coming up with a connection error 016. Turning the power on and off fixes this but wondering why all of a sudden this is happening? Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV Connection Error 016

Hi @Zeldafan47

Sorry to hear about the problems with your device.

Can I ask if you have checked to see if the latest firmware is installed on the hardware?

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Connection error 016 means that it cannot see the network (it's a bit of a vague error as it can mean either your Home network or the internet, it doesn't discriminate).

Sometimes, if you go into the network settings on the Telstra TV and tell it to check the connection, it will resolve itself, but not always. One of my units was behaving the same way for a little while on wifi.

It could be the next to last firmware update that seemed to cause the problem (the one where they introduced the voice search functionality when the TTV3 came out). If you update the firmware, then the problem should hopefully disappear.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Zeldafan47

Thank you, I shall check this. I have tried testing the connection a few times and I also checked for updates, but will look again.
I appreciate you responding
Highlighted
Zeldafan47

Hi Stef, I have checked for updates and it appears to be up to date, is that the correct spot to check?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Zeldafan47. 

If your device is up to date, perhaps try a reset. You can see the instructions on how to do this here https://tel.st/dndtw

If that still does not help resolve the problem, you will need to get in touch with support on 1800502502. 

Let us know how you go. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more