Andyyyyyyy
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Glitching

Our Telstra TV started glitching yesterday. The home screen etc wouldn’t load and once reset a few times, live TV guide wouldn’t work. Today, after being off all night, it started working fine again but now after a few hours use is glitching - screen is fragmenting, speech isn’t matching motion, remote is less responsive. This is not on just live TV, it is through Foxtel on Demand also. Kayo appears unaffected. Any advice?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Mariani76

Re: Telstra TV Glitching

I’m also having the same issue. Started since the new update took place. This is very frustrating Telstra. Can you please load up a new update and fix it.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I was experiencing this issue with only some episodes on Foxtel last night using my Telstra TV 1. My speed tests were still excellent so that is not likely the issue. Through the settings on the Foxtel app, I adjusted the picture quality to Low instead of High and everything started working smoothly. I don't really notice the difference so I was happy with this as a fix. 

I didn't restart the modem as I didn't want to disrupt others in my home, but this will be something that I'll be checking tonight as I feel maybe my BYO modem was being a pest to that specific device. Of note is that the Telstra TV 2 device that I have appeared to be working without issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Serviceme
Level 1: Cadet

So the best technical support telstra can offer is to lower the resolution??? How about fix the issue or upgrade the update back to how it was a week ago? fixing and admitting to the problem seems to be the main issue obviously so neither company has to pay people back for an unwatchable service.
Steve4570

Even on low quality we’ve been getting the same issue. Although it’s a lot less disruptive it’s still a PITA.

Just switched back to high quality now though and it seems...ok?
Andyyyyyyy

Figured it out. Did a factory reset, which I'd been avoiding because I didn't want to have to re-input all my passwords. Turns out, I didn't need to and everything is back on track.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now