Highlighted
NCC1701D
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Home page problem

Answered

Hi all, I have weird problem, at least I think its a problem.....

I have a TT1 and I think mine updated sometime today / overnight but the weird thing is everything seems to work ok except I think for the 'Home' Screen. When I click on 'Home' on the left hand side, there is a spinning wheel saying "getting ready" which lasts about 3-4 sec then after that I am presented with a screen on the right hand side that says "Telstra TV Recommendations" and shortcuts to my apps. The stupid thing is, is that I cannot select anything from recommendations or the app shortcuts on the right hand side, it just makes that dull 'dun' sound when I click, nothing moves or happens. What I need to do then is arrow down from Home on the left hand side to My apps and select things from there and it works fine.

I hope I've made sense but is that how it is supposed to be or is it not functioning right?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LachJohn1
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Home page problem

A fix was deployed yesterday to address an issue with the home screen.

If you are still experiencing issues, please try restarting the device which should then pick up the correction.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Evans26

I've just setup my Telstra TV and having the exact same problem.

I'm sure it worked the first time I did it but has now stopped.

Will be the most useful button as will always want to navigate across to the right from that home page.

Please advise support

Nooski

I have exactly the same problem. The Home screen worked once, but has not worked since then.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi everyone, 

If you have performed a device factory reset and still having issues, our Telstra TV Fault team can be reached any time on 132200 and say 'Telstra TV faults'. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NCC1701D

Thanks Ivan, I did perform a Factory Reset and went through the process of activating, putting in passwords for the different apps but once again it worked the first time then reverted back to no scrolling through the home screen. I will try and give that number a call when I can shortly but what will that achieve that a factory reset and or reboot can't?

litapajar

I just got TTV2 and that’s also doing the same thing. Did 3 factory resets and still the same. It works for first time after reset and then goes back to not working.

Let us know what faults team says.
strykeroz

I have this same issue since the firmware updated on the weekend.  I can still get into Netflix, Stan, etc by via the My Apps screen, however trying to navigate the Home screen after it loads results in an error chime for any key pressed on the remote.

crazyhairguy

home page worked once only. telstra must have tested it only once.

NCC1701D

Unbelievable !! I rang up the number as Ivan suggested above and spoke to Tech Support who said it's a known issue so he wrote out a ticket for it, the more tickets, hopefully the more something will be done about it like a patch download or something. What's amazing though is that while I was on the phone to him I was mucking around with my TT1 and it just magically started working properly. I WAS ABLE TO NAVIGATE AROUND THE HOMESCREEN !!! I did nothing different and I doubt very much they would of downloaded something to my TT1 while I was on the call. I will keep monitoring it and see how it goes but so far so good.

LachJohn1
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

If you are still experiencing issues, please try restarting the device which should then pick up the correction.

NCC1701D

@LachJohn1 wrote:

Looks like it has. Thanks to the Telstra team for a quick fix.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more