CrowdSupport®
RowenaO
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV - How to record TV

I'm looking at moving to Telstra from Optus internet/Fetch TV and looking at Telstra TV/broadband bundle but seems like the gap is how to record TV.  Has anyone got any suggestions on what would be the best stand alone recording device to utilise alongside Telstra TV so we can record shows without having to go down the Foxtel route?  And whether this could integrate into the Telstra TV remote so effectively one system that does it all?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV - How to record TV

hey @RowenaO,

The Telstra-TV, unlike the Telstra T-Box (which has been discontinued) doesn't recieve TV signals, so it cannot record anything. It is purely a streaming device, only for Internet delivered content such as STAN Netflix and Presto.

Your best option would to be to buy a TEAC set-top box or one of the commercially available FTA set-top boxes.

Telstra no longer has a solution that competes with Fetch-TV in that space.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Level 25: The Singularity

I have a Samsung BluRay PVR which I use to watch/record TV, catchup services, Netflix...

Completely eliminates the need for Telstra TV as the PVR does everything the Telstra TV unit can do plus a whole lot more.

Also means I only need one remote.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hey @Jupiter,

Which model? 

I may be in the market.Smiley Tongue

Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

G'day @Wanglese, mines a couple of years old now, the BD-H6500A, but the current model is the BD-H8500A.

Never skipped a beat since I bought it. Has built-in Wifi, but I have mine connected by CAT6 cable.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

@Jupiter,

Thanks.  I'm off to The Goodguys this week to check one out. Online - the specs are good.

RowenaO
Level 1: Cadet

@Jupiter @Wanglese Thanks for your advice. Looks like I'll be off shopping this weekend too!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now