Highlighted
want2know
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Live TV

Answered

I can't find this info on any forums but does watching just regular free to air channels through live tv on the telstra tv device mean I'm using data? I found the table about data usage but it doesn't specifically answer my question as to whether free to air channels use data.

I have rigged the device to a second TV (my primary still has Tbox) and am used to the Tbox which there were only data charges for catch up TV. Please advise, thanks guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Live TV

No, watching free to air TV does NOT use any data.

If the TelstraTV is plugged into the internet then the EPG is updated by data but is classed as 'data free'. Not that it uses much anyway.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

No, watching free to air TV does NOT use any data.

If the TelstraTV is plugged into the internet then the EPG is updated by data but is classed as 'data free'. Not that it uses much anyway.

want2know
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that, good to know Smiley Happy
seafarhouse
Level 2: Rookie

no, however you will have have multiple instances of FTA channels that you cant skip or delete

@seafarhouse wrote:
no, however you will have have multiple instances of FTA channels that you cant skip or delete

That is where the Tbox was far superior. That allowed you to disabled channels from appearing in the EPG as well as Foxtel channels that you were not subscribed to.

You could also quickly change between FTA and Foxtel channels without having to run a separate app.

The TelstarTV in my opinion is a failed device when it comes to the EPG.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now