abthomp
Level 8: Inspector

Telstra TV Offer??????

On the 26th February I received an e-mail from Telstra that stated:

Because you're a BigPond Movies user we’ll be delivering a free Telstra TV® to your billing address so you can keep watching the movies you love.

I went onto Online Chat to confirm delivery date for the device and was told end of this week. 5 minutes after getting off Online Chat I get a phone call from a very aggressive individual who insists I must take out a Foxtel subscription before the Telstra TV will be sent.

What is the truth here? Was the e-mail true and do I as a user of Bigpond Movies get a free Telstra TV OR do I have to take out a subscription to a rubbish product like Foxtel to get it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV Offer??????

Hi @abthomp

Very sorry to read about the disappointing experience via Live-Chat.

From my understanding you do not need to take out a Foxtel subscription to obtain a Telstra TV.

As this email was from the BigPond Movies team, I would recommend you call the BigPond Movies directly on 1800 502 502.

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

abthomp

I've gone down the Official Complaint route.

I am sick and tired of having to spend hours on the phone with Telstra people who cannot speak or understand  English and who are rude and obnoxious

Quite bluntly I couldn't actually care less about the Telstra TV now. I'll go and buy a Fetch and move to Optus

Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry that you felt you needed to escalate the matter, if you can tell me the TIO case number I can note it on your records here -Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

abthomp

SR 1-1450375604260

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you, that is a complaint number in the Telstra system & I have noted it here on our records -Angela 

chilli127
Level 1: Cadet

I too received Telstra tv free offer on 26/2 via email. after chatting online with virtual assistant I was transferred to another chat line. They have told me it is a system error and they could deliver a Telstra tv for $192.oo. No thanks. not interested. Netflix will do me fine. 

abthomp

Interesting.
A "system error" that has apparently sent out multiple e-mails to customers but no apology for misleading us.
Just goes to show what Telstra actually think of their customers.
Fetch TV purchased today.
Bigpond can put their movies and their Telstra TV where the sun doesn't shine
abthomp

So the response to my complaint via Telstra is along the lines of "We don't believe you got any such e-mail"
That's a really good way to treat a customer of +20 years standing
abthomp

If after getting the e-mail advising that Telstra were sending you a free Telstra TV you got either nothing or a useless and redundant Telstra TV1 then put in an official complaint.
I had a call this morning acknowledging that all Bigpond Movies users who are currently still using a T Box should be sent, free of charge a new Telstra TV2 and that the TV1 being obsolete should never have been sent out

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more